High cortisol

Stefanovic

Reaction score
After having had my bloodwork checked. I turned out to have high cortisol ( 17,1 and normal values in the evening should be 2-12)

Over the last six months my hair turned grey and I lost more hair than usual. My doctor says it has something to do with it. Do you know what I can do about it? I have had prolonged stress and my diet hasn't been the greatest.

I had been using MSM but I quit because I read that it could increase the amounts of cortisol.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Has your doctor offered a prognosis? What other symptoms are you experiencing ie;fatigue, swollen lymph nodes etc., and has your Doctor addressed them? I assume your thyroid levels came back ok? Forgive me if you already explained this.Also what is your hair loss pattern. Thanx for sharing.

LBerg12

Banned
Reaction score
Your stress and diet is definitely a huge factor. Focus on eating healthier foods & doing some sort of exercise/yoga. You'd be surprised how much this will help!

Stefanovic

Reaction score
Thank you so much.

Well I need to see an endocrinologist to have a further evaluation. Been using the minoxidil and dermarolling over the last 7 weeks an I notice a small improvement. I had lost hair on my hairline. The rest got thinner and especially: the color changed.

Of course many doctors just say: nothing can be done but that's very typical.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Keep sharing and be happy that you're seeing some improvements. Best wishes!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Any history of family greying prematurely?

Stefanovic

Reaction score
No most family members were much older than I was when they got grey and I have many family members around my age and older without any greys.

Dota52

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm does high cortisol actually increase hair loss? You should ask your doctor to explain how that works, because I have generalized anxiety disorder and would like to know.