High-quality Fish Oil

FizzenBarber28

Reaction score
I'm looking for some high-quality Fish Oil supplements.

The kind I take now are TopCare Natural Fish Oil Concentrate, 1000 mg per softgel.

EPA 360mg
DHA 240mg (serving size 2 softgels)

INGREDIENTS: Fish Oil Concentrate, Gelatin, Glycerin.
CONTAINS: SARDINES, ANCHOVIES, SPRAT, CLUPEA, SALMON, SOY

Is this a high-quality fish oil supplement?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(Especially if anyone has the results of the ConsumerLab.com product review for fish oil supplements)

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say it's standard quality fish oil, because it's not concentrated. The only quality fish oil supplemet I know, but I can't buy it because it's too expensive, is the one from eye-q.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Incidentally enough, i recently found an expert guide to quality fish oil supplements in my national newspaper.

It gave three classifications for quality, 1, ultra refined oils, 2, concentrates, 3, basic 'no frills'

It rated them by a number of criteria, quality of oil, ease of absorption and price.

the best oil to buy in their opinion was, Barlean's omega swirl lemon zest fish oil. You might want to google it, but they give a website address to buy the stuff, www.glasgowapproved.com though i'm sure their are plenty more retailers.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Difficult to say, it doesn't say which concentration of EPA + DHA!

Sean68

Reaction score
didnt have you down as a daily mail reader petchsky! ahem. :)

The good ones were all really expensive. the alternative is to take two of the cheaper ones which is what i do. its not gonna make or break your regimen i wouldnt have thought. id say the ones youre taking now are fine. 240 is pretty high.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Two 1000 mg Soft Gels Contain:
EPA: 1060 mg
DHA: 274 mg
Other Omega-3s: 202 mg
Vitamin E: 30 IU

Apparently they take the piss: 1060+274=1000 ???

Petchsky

Reaction score
Sean68 said:
didnt have you down as a daily mail reader petchsky! ahem. :)

sh*t, i've been outed :$ It was a one time thing, honest... I was assaulted by middle class women who forced me to look at it. :whistle:

I never thought it would happen like this :hairy:

Sean68

Reaction score
heheh think i outed myself there too. ive been in the open for a few years now, hiding it just got too hard. having to clear the papers away before friends came round,
making sure id emptied the wastebins. paper collection day was a nightmare!

just take it one day at a time mate. overcoming denial is the hardest part. trust me.

Da Bears

Reaction score
I just started taking the Nordic Naturals Omega 3. Even though this brand is a little expensive, $28.99 for 120, my Doctor recommended it and every batch is 3rd party tested for purity. Otherwise you don't know what you are getting since these supplements are not regulated by the FDA.

purecontrol

Established Member
Reaction score
Da Bears said:
I just started taking the Nordic Naturals Omega 3. Even though this brand is a little expensive, $28.99 for 120, my Doctor recommended it and every batch is 3rd party tested for purity. Otherwise you don't know what you are getting since these supplements are not regulated by the FDA.

Krill oil is a better and safer form of epa/dha

Make sure that you take it at night right before bed and to include GLA from EPOil