High School Reunion

daedalus

Reaction score
I had my 10 year high school reunion over the weekend. I'm 27 now. I was a little nervous at first about my thinning hair, but I just buzzed my head with a #1 guard and went. I was surprised to see how many of the guys had balded or receded.

There were about 100 people there, about half of them were guys. I'd say at least 10 or 15 of the guys had receded or had balded and shaved their heads. So I didn't feel out of place at all. And there were a couple of bald guys with pretty hot wives.

In fact a lot of the guys with hairloss were really popular back in the day (I wasn't). So I figured it would be even tougher for them to show up, since they were actually friends or had been friends with a lot of people there.

Some people commented on my buzzed head and said they couldn't recognize me. A couple of people even said I look good. But overall no one really seemed to care.

So I guess it just helped me accept hairloss a little more. It happens to a lot of people and life just goes on. I know it's really tough for the people who are still in high school and dealing with this. But I guess the older I get, the easier it becomes to deal with.

One thing I noticed is how so many of the guys had just let themselves go physically. They were overweight, underweight (like me) or just out of shape. So that's even more of an incentive to keep going to the gym and try to improve your physical appearance and self-image. At least that is within our control.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah, male pattern baldness will get most guys in the end, some guys just couldent give a dam.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Most people don't care about your hair loss as much as you do. That's usually how it goes.

HairLossTalk.com

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why do I always hear remarks about it then? Like last Saturday my friend who is losing hair worse than me (and all of our other friends) was getting married. We pulled into the parking lot of the church, and my buddy's girlfriend asked "is that him?", to which my friend replied "Yep, you can tell by his balding head."

I agree that people don't care AS MUCH as we do, but I still think it's a factor of judgement of some sort, and not a positive one.