Hmph!´s Story

Hmph!

Reaction score
Hi i´m a 28 year old guy from Finland, and i´ve been lurking on the forum for about a year now. I´ve been losing hair diffusely for the past 8 years i think. My hairloss has accelerated in the past 2 years, first it was just very slow diffuse, but at 24 my temples started to receed. Now i´m about nw2 with diffuse in the pattern of nw6, very nice! Baldness doesn´t run in my family that much, so this came as a huge surprise to me.

I have tried all sorts of treatments, and nothing seems to work :-x First i tried Rogaine, gave me bad allergic reaction. Then some saw Palmetto product in liquid form with zinc, for about 6 months,nada results! I even went to some hairclinic for treatments to "heal" my scalp from bacterial infection and some other crap, they just ripped me off. Currently i´m on finasteride and ketoconazone shampoo, have been for about 9 months. I don´t think it has helped any,if even made my situation worse. My hair has gone thinner and my temples are receeding kinda fast. When i started my current regimen i got zits on my scalp and an increase in libido, those symptons soon stopped but i think it was hyperandroge... so could it still be that i have an adverse reaction to the drug? I have read some of the Horrorstories in the sheddind section, and i´m a bit paranoid that i have done more harm than good by taking these drugs.

Hmph!

Reaction score
Nope, it´s the real stuff. I got the prescription from a doctor, and the finasterid from a real pharmacy down my street. I use Copyfarm 5mg stuff, which i cut into 5 pieces, and the shampoo about 3 times a week.

Pondle

Reaction score
I've never heard of Copyfarm, unless its a chain of pharmacies in Finland?

Hmph!

Reaction score
It´s a big Danish company that produces generic medicines,perfectly legimate.

G

"Nice" to see another finn in here... we Finns are f*****g doomed we are, I think we have the worst hair genes in the world. Your sentiments are pretty close to mine, I realised my balding about a year ago (I was 23), and got a prescription for finasteride, and have been using it from June 2006. My hair has gone really shite during that period, and I have no other option but to keep it very short or shave it. I hope you will have more luck than I. Anyway, I'd like to point out that I don't think finasteride has sped up my balding, I have a measure stick in my twin brother and his balding has been just as fast without finasteride. Not a lot of balding in my family either, but obviously my parents still managed to give me some very fucked up genes.

P.S. I'm curious, what kinda reaction did you have with Rogaine? Bad itching etc?

Hmph!

Reaction score
Yep we Finns are F'cked when it comes to hair, as most of my friends are also losing hair at an early age :roll: As for the allergic reaction, my lips swelled up, i got like terrible rash in my hairline and eyelids...etc. These symptons started about a month after starting rogaine. If this "shedding" continues i may have to start shavin by the end of the year, but oh well there are bigger things in life than hair(but i still love having some.)

G

I think it certainly helps that it's so common in Finland... I haven't been picked for it at least not yet. My parents just don't want to understand why I like the buzz cut over a "Spede" look :lol: .

Hmph!

Reaction score
Somebody save us from the dreaded Spede look :freaked2: :lol: Balding is definetly more in common around these parts, so luckily the girls don´t seem to mind that much which is a major plus!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
I wonder how this guy is doing.

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
Re:

Hmph! said:
Somebody save us from the dreaded Spede look :freaked2: :lol: Balding is definetly more in common around these parts, so luckily the girls don´t seem to mind that much which is a major plus!

I forsee a move to finland in my future... lol.

I actually really like finland - a friend of mine's father used to work for the british embassy when we were younger and got posted out there for 4 or 5 years so i went to visit each summer. Lovely place, and some seriously attractive women. Plus everyone speaks better english than most of the people i know back home :dunno: