Holsters

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I got into holstermaking a few months ago. Here's some pics...

Attachments

• holster 004.JPG
    holster 004.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 169
  • holster 007.JPG
    holster 007.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 177
  • holster 010.JPG
    holster 010.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 168
  • holster 013.JPG
    holster 013.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 205

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, with weapon lights, most of the time you are better off with a custom Kydex rig. Plastic can afford you predictable retention with or without the light, if molded properly.

Companies like Raven Concealment are really setting the bar quite high in terms of Kydex pancake design holsters. These rigs are apparently quite concealable but come with a several month wait, if I'm not mistake.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys keep guns?

I am assuming yes and the guns in the pictures are real...

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
The guns are super real... even hit them with a sweet custom Duracoat paint job.

Kidding, dude. They are inert hunks of plastic... training replicas. However, they are 1:1, making them popular with holster makers.

I don't have a lot of desire to use live weapons to make holsters. No point when i can use fake pistols with stellar results.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
The guns are super real... even hit them with a sweet custom Duracoat paint job.

Kidding, dude. They are inert hunks of plastic... training replicas. However, they are 1:1, making them popular with holster makers.

Haha, yeah i wasn't sure...looks like a water pistol or something.

Just didn't want to say they were fake in case I was wrong...I know how you chaps love your firearms :whistle:

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is amazing.

- quad-ply cabin to maintain structure at retention points and to resist deformation

- countersunk interior stitching

- rides like a phukin Caddy

- flawless lip that would make a saddlemaker blush

- blah, blah, blah.

I told them boys I wasn't playing. I don't make holsters. I make warrior tack for the competent operator.

People have been asking about pricing. I'm not selling them right now, but if they were to come to market today, pricing would begin at a minimum of $130. By the time they do come to market, base models will be well-in-excess of $200

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Introducing the Fat Kid by Sentry Gunleather.

Don't let the chubby cheeks fool you as this rig couldn't be further from cute...

- Competition-inspired, breech-side cut to afford speed of presentation.

- Quad-ply cabin resists deformation at retention points

- Countersunk interior stitching helps to protect against the weapon "sawing" at the threads.

- Combat grip allows the operator's hand to readily "accept the weapon".

- Kickass chocolate brown color.

- Yada, yada, yada...

** Please excuse the old, cut-up belt i have strung through there. It's simply to replicate what will eventually be a gnarly gun belt sample.

You have to admit... the cuffs make the photo shoot POP! Haha...

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

011.jpg

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

The pursuit of perfection is truly intoxicating.

Wait until you see Fat Kid LE, tack designed for those professionals with arrest powers. Depending on model, in addition to the weapon, the rig will also accept restraints and/or a badge.

Got me some Kydex en route. My Warlock collection will surely accompany many fine Patriots to Hell's Gate... para cord, MOLLE acceptance, hidden gadgets, etc.

GAME ON! (Wayne's World style) Haha

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I had to give dude's USP back the other day. I was hoping to get a Blue Gun for a weapon that wasn't already in my possession.

Oh well... a guy can never have too many fake pistols!

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey finasteride,

I heard you were making tactical videos. I have it narrowed down to two suspects. Which is it:

Is it... Fassssss Draaaaaaawwwwww Hahahah

[youtube:7x8iqr4i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGabPQmpJWU[/youtube:7x8iqr4i]

Or this one:

[youtube:7x8iqr4i]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iko-RMkMbkE&NR=1[/youtube:7x8iqr4i]

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Even though the Asian is slow to send lead and is predictable as hell, at least he has form. However, that freak from Denmark has no business at any point in his life making contact with a real firearm... not never.

You ever watch the Magpul DVDs? I'm just now hearing about them and have only caught the trailers on Youtube. Seems legit.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Fully operating your pistol with just your off hand, etc...

[youtube:1nj72y7l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTr8xvkUWp4[/youtube:1nj72y7l]

Carbine

[youtube:1nj72y7l]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=losDuQ4FWGw&feature=related[/youtube:1nj72y7l]

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Making moves with these holsters and the haters can't stand it.

Started playing with plastic. It needs more definition and some general tweaking but I'm happy, overall

- Colt 1911 4.25"

- Chocolate / Desert Tan Kydex pancake

- Ergonomic cornering

- Modular-inspired acceptance of different carry hardware

- Fluted / Flared lip for ease in re-holstering

kydex003.jpg

kydex002.jpg

kydex009.jpg

kydex011.jpg

kydex013.jpg

kydex014.jpg

kydex016.jpg

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
4:30 in the morning and I'm making holsters. Watch me build an empire with these rigs.

It's an IWB and OWB... just swap out hardware

newkydex013.jpg

newkydex005.jpg

newkydex006.jpg

newkydex007.jpg

newkydex015.jpg

newkydex020.jpg

newkydex019.jpg

newkydex021.jpg

newkydex022.jpg