hopes for Norwood 6

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Im just saying so I can have a some hair on top and my sides short like I have now, not saying i want justin bieber hair but some hair to have a buzz cut.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people can be extremely good responders to medication such as minoxidil, and can grow back many norwoods unexpectedly. I suggest giving propecia and minoxidil in conjunction for best results. Of course you'd have to stick to it for a good couple months, atleast 4 months to see some improvement, if none definitely stop. That's not to say it stops there, it can continue to improve carrying onto well over a year for full results. Try it out and then consider getting a hair transplant depending on your results.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 23 now but when I was 21 I took proscar for a year and only had severe sides and sheddings like no other so alittle after a year of being on it I stopped it. I am currently now taking minoxidil foam and I'm going on 6 months, again nothing has changed only the shedding is far worse with this then the proscar but I shall continue to the 1 year mark another thing is I suffer from eczema so my scalp gets dry and irratated fast using this so I think Im one of the few that can't use this stuff. If I can't handle the treatments then how can I save my hair? I can't and I fear by the time im 30 ill be a Norwood 6 so I am just wondering if there is still a chance I can even get enough hair to have some hair on my head with short sides because that is my hair style now.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea easier said than done...Idk man life sucks especially mine and what I am going through.

bmoreno515

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick question say I got a hair transplant and after a few years I have to shave mt head be completely due to more hairloss or whatever the case are there going to be scars on the recipient area? Or the donor?

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
Quick question say I got a hair transplant and after a few years I have to shave mt head be completely due to more hairloss or whatever the case are there going to be scars on the recipient area? Or the donor?

Not if you go with FUE - there will be no scars. Go to a surgeon that is good with body hair like Dr. Patrick Mwamba. Let's say you have 4000 hair donor grafts. Place these evenly in the pattern you want to have hair - NW1, NW2 whatever. Then use body hair to fill in the areas and get it denser and denser. Simple.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
hair transplant on agressive hairloss without maintenance meds is not a good solution.

Thanks for the neg rep. That has really put a downer on my year lol. How is what I'm proposing not simple. It is incredibly simple. You just can't be bothered to get off your *** and do it.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
You're welcome, but it was in return.
And i think going hair transplant route is not that simple as you put it.
You may need multiple transplants, things can go wrong, etc. Having hair transplant's, especially STRIP ones, is a road with no come back.
It is not so simple, without meds(and even with them, but later) you will most probably continue to lose hair, needing more and more procedures to keep the coverage well, which adds more and more scarring, more money spent, until you can get to a "dead point", when you're out of donor, but still (partially) bald. And then you will begin to realise "wtf did i bother with these ****? Now i would like to shave my head, but there are scars, etc".
Add that no hair transplant gives real coverage only an illusion, most of the time. So you would need to keep the hair at a certain length, carefully style the hair everyday, even use concealers(did you say you use them in the crown?), so the same hassle and mind-uneasyness like before.
That's why i think the shave/buzz-down route is the best long-term, even if it doesn't seem so for the moment.
hair transplant's would be something good if they were "revertible", but unfortunately, the second /minute the doctor begins to slice a portion of your scalp/punch holes in it, the harm is irreversibly done and it will never be possible to revert it, for the resy of your life.
I don't even get why this strip procedure exists anymore in 2015. Come on, practicalaly slice a portion of your head straight to the cranium bone, wtf? Is that really necessary?
Fue is much better, but not that great either, because it also leaves dots/empty spaces in your donor. But the fue dots are easier to conceal than strip scars.

But, to conclude, hair transplant route is not simple at all. First, you need to raise some truck-load of money, than there is the recovery period, 10 days you must stay in the house, then there is the dreadful part when all the implanted hai sheds, and there can be shock-loss, additional pre-hair transplant existing hair that sheds(some of them permanently from the shock, especially if they're miniaturised), leaving your hair looking worse than before surgery, which can be very frustrating.
Yes, the final outcome at 1 year(there is no additional significant growth after 8 months-1 year) may be worth -it, but you cannot pretend all the process until that point is easy .
I've seen loads of people unhappy, and asking themselves "why did i do this, there's no dramatic improvement to make it worth", and this is the happy case, because unfortunately some people end up with horrible results, very bad scarring, etc, way worse than they started.

I really wish you the best, and no more hairloss.

JimmyJones

Banned
Reaction score
You're welcome, but it was in return.
And i think going hair transplant route is not that simple as you put it.
You may need multiple transplants, things can go wrong, etc. Having hair transplant's, especially STRIP ones, is a road with no come back.
It is not so simple, without meds(and even with them, but later) you will most probably continue to lose hair, needing more and more procedures to keep the coverage well, which adds more and more scarring, more money spent, until you can get to a "dead point", when you're out of donor, but still (partially) bald. And then you will begin to realise "wtf did i bother with these ****? Now i would like to shave my head, but there are scars, etc".
Add that no hair transplant gives real coverage only an illusion, most of the time. So you would need to keep the hair at a certain length, carefully style the hair everyday, even use concealers(did you say you use them in the crown?), so the same hassle and mind-uneasyness like before.
That's why i think the shave/buzz-down route is the best long-term, even if it doesn't seem so for the moment.
hair transplant's would be something good if they were "revertible", but unfortunately, the second /minute the doctor begins to slice a portion of your scalp/punch holes in it, the harm is irreversibly done and it will never be possible to revert it, for the resy of your life.
I don't even get why this strip procedure exists anymore in 2015. Come on, practicalaly slice a portion of your head straight to the cranium bone, wtf? Is that really necessary?
Fue is much better, but not that great either, because it also leaves dots/empty spaces in your donor. But the fue dots are easier to conceal than strip scars.

But, to conclude, hair transplant route is not simple at all. First, you need to raise some truck-load of money, than there is the recovery period, 10 days you must stay in the house, then there is the dreadful part when all the implanted hai sheds, and there can be shock-loss, additional pre-hair transplant existing hair that sheds(some of them permanently from the shock, especially if they're miniaturised), leaving your hair looking worse than before surgery, which can be very frustrating.
Yes, the final outcome at 1 year(there is no additional significant growth after 8 months-1 year) may be worth -it, but you cannot pretend all the process until that point is easy .
I've seen loads of people unhappy, and asking themselves "why did i do this, there's no dramatic improvement to make it worth", and this is the happy case, because unfortunately some people end up with horrible results, very bad scarring, etc, way worse than they started.

I really wish you the best, and no more hairloss.

I don't think you read my post with all due respect. I said one can use body hair as a filler so if you pick a long term plan and surgeon who is actually good then apart from money I do not see what the problem is. Good Fue's nowadays will not leave any visible scaring in my opinion.

FUT is still performed today by the leading surgeons because the yield is slightly higher and you can get a megasession all in one go for a cheaper price. It actually costs the surgeon more to perform FUT because all the trained lab technicians. Before the usual suspects starting shouting that I am talking rubbish please read the following two links then shout at me:

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/fue-hair-transplant/pros-and-cons-fue/

http://hairtransplantation.feriduni.com/en/hair-transplant/a-comparison-of-fue-and-fut.html

I agree with you though if scaring is your main concern go with FUE and also I agree that if you are prepared to shave your head and get on with your life that's an even better solution. You will save your dollar and can spend it on something else or save up for Relicel. I wish you the best as well.

Edit: Yes I do use a bit of concealer on my crown if I am hitting the town because the grafts start a bit after the crown towards the front. Still have ok coverage on crown now without concealer. I guess I am just 'vain' as my uncle says.