Horrible Shed At 8 Months After Great Results

cj42513

Reaction score
Just need some advice from people who know what Im going through. Went on Proscar 5 mg cut into 4ths about 8 months ago. At month 5 the results were great. Now at month 8 my scalp is itchy and my hair is the worst its been. Some other things to note, am working full time and finishing my first year of law school, had a major hernia surgery 4 months ago, and have been tapering off a prescription pain killer slowly. The surgery and the pain killer are unrelated.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
all i can say is stick to the meds,i went through quite a few sheds in my first 15 months of proscar and now the only shed ive had(in the last 17 months) is from rogaine foam.

staunch

Reaction score
Hey cj42513
i was going to post a very similiar thread to u
ive bee on proscar for bout 8 months, then i was off for bout 2 weeks becuase i never had time to get a presrciption. ive now been on for bout 24 days and ive had the worst bout of shedding, bout the 5 month mark my hair was actually a bit thicker, even my barber made a comment...
but yea, now im in a crazy shed and im not sure if its cos i stopped for 2 weeks then started again or if its jus a normal shed cycle. im thinkin should i ride it out for another 3 months so that ive been on finasteride for a year, or should i jus start takin minoxidil foam now. proscar is the only med ive ever taken and i planned on taking minoxidil after being on finasteride for a year, but at this rate im feeling like jumping on the minoxidil now!
:dunno:

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
same thing is happening to me. i'v been on big 3 for about a year and half now. my hair looked awsome to the point where i thought my male pattern baldness was cured. it started going down about 4 months ago and it doesn't seem like it's gonna stop.