Horseshoe at 24

Sans Hair

Reaction score
I was going to rap this to the tune of Fresh Prince of Bel Air but forgot that. Started very aggressive loss in my mid teens. I had a visible bald/scalp patch by 19 and nothing but a horse shoe by 24. That's hardcore even by balding standards.

We didn't have readily access to the Internet when I was a teenager so finding out about treatments was impossible. When I did see a doctor at around 18, he and his colleague (both middle aged men with full heads of hair) smirked, giggled and told me nothing could be done since everyone goes bald at some point. Yeah right, every male in my family has a full head of hair.

Over the years I've struggled with hair loss. I never had a youth so to speak, went from teenager to old man over night. Now I'm starting to accept it. I've had a number of relationships and am on my second marriage (I'm now 37) so I've still got something going for me. I'm not as irritated as I used to be but there are still moments, hence me being here to vent.

For all you young lads losing your hair, you have my support, but never, ever thing this is the end of your life.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some guys get it really bad, really young... I saw a friend recently post his high school year book photo and he was a pretty bad NW3 at 18, maybe NW4. Front was almost totally gone bar an island. Can't imagine how tough that must have been for him... I remember going to a doctor at 26 with bad diffuse thinning and frontal recession, maybe an NW3V, and being told by a full headed doctor in his 40s that balding is natural, it happens to lots of guys as they get older. I wanted to scream at him that I'm only 26!

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I know you're well gone by now but have you ever considered a hair transplant, if you exhaust your donar hair you can always use your facial/body hair? It will of course cost a lot of money, but hey you only live once. Imagine having a full head of hair again lol.
You seem fairly happy anyway, it was only a thought.

Sans Hair

Reaction score
It's a sensible thought to have and yes, I've considered it now and again but to be honest, by this stage in my life I'm not bothered about it. My youth has sadly gone and while I was worried that my wife works with a lot of wealthy, older NW1s and NW2s, she's still more than happy to come home with me each night. Sometimes my vanity takes over and that's natural but my hairy boat has long sailed into the ocean!

shookwun

Reaction score
It's a sensible thought to have and yes, I've considered it now and again but to be honest, by this stage in my life I'm not bothered about it. My youth has sadly gone and while I was worried that my wife works with a lot of wealthy, older NW1s and NW2s, she's still more than happy to come home with me each night. Sometimes my vanity takes over and that's natural but my hairy boat has long sailed into the ocean!

Poor reasoning to wave that flag, and deal with the card dealt. Should be even more incentive to better yourself, and recover a full head of hair if possible. Worst thing for a man is to be content, and satisfied with little means, and then when everything hits the fan they start seeking every ultimatum possible.

Preparation, and hitting your insecurity head on is the right approach. IF you didn't care then you wouldn't be here.

rick39

Reaction score
hang in there

I started losing my hair at 19 in my senior year of high school and I let it basically ruin my life.
I'm 39 now and I still have a problem accepting it. My advice is to try not to let it consume you.