hot or cold water in shower~!

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
hey, so my barber told me to turn the shower off with cold water to close up the pores. Does anyone else do this? So far it has seemed like good advice. :)

G

Hot water opens the pores for better absorption.

Cold water closes them to reduce irritation/itchiness.

Warm water wedges them half open half closed.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BostonHawk said:
hey, so my barber told me to turn the shower off with cold water to close up the pores. Does anyone else do this? So far it has seemed like good advice. :)

Yes i do that. When you have a warm or hot shower you sweat while your showering, if you leave the shower hot you will continue to sweat until your body cools down. Standing under cold water for say 10 seconds after you have finished washing yourself cools your body temparate and you stop sweating.

I doubt it has anything to do with hairloss or helping with hairloss but it's good for people with sensitive skin as when the sweat evaporates it leaves a small amount of salt on your skin which mat cause irritation. I suggest you check this information with your doctor for verification.

G

Wash your hair in luke warm water and rinse it in cold - that way you reduce the risk of dehydrating your scalp - itchness (not male pattern baldness related itchyness).

Ice cold water "could" chock the cells and thus create some form of rejuvination - it´s a theory.

former

Reaction score
nesta said:
Wash your hair in luke warm water and rinse it in cold - that way you reduce the risk of dehydrating your scalp - itchness (not male pattern baldness related itchyness).

Ice cold water "could" chock the cells and thus create some form of rejuvination - it´s a theory.

really? ice cold water could rejuvinate cells.. lol... in that case i gonna wash my hair with ice cold water

BostonHawk

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the barber was implying that very open pores would accellerate the processes of hairloss because the hair would have a bigger hole to fall out of.