House or hair?

youngnat

Reaction score
Hi guys, im just wondering, ive read alot of stories on here with a huge number of you posting stories of having in excess of 3000 grafts, this is like a small fortune and almost like a deposit on a house (atleast here in new zealand)... just wondering how everyone can afford this? mortgaging their house? loan? saving up? put it this way, 3000 grafts in nz is worth around 25 grand.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
At 25k thats only $8 per graft. Which is kinda cheap. If you want a quality job by someone like Armani (I doubt there is any good surgeons in NZ and this is not something you can afford to screw up, its well worth travelling to the best, after all its ur freakin hair man!) you will pay more like $12 a graft which is closer to $40,000. Its an obscene amount of money for someone who isnt particularly rich. Do't forgot about travel costs as well. From NZ that will be at least $3000 return to travel to his clinic in Canada, but apparently they can pay for flights If you have over 3000 grafts (or something like that).

Anyway to answer your question, I think this is has to be one of thee most expensive cosmetic surgery procedures which seems staggering to me. You could prob get face surgery for less than that, like a new nose or something. I think hair transplant surgeons are rip off merachants myself. So it depends on your level of hairloss, if its really bad and effecting your life or social life in a major way you gotta go for the surgery first. If you can live with it for a few more years, id go for the house first. Which is what im doing.

G

House first--- everytime I wanted to pull the trigger I bought a new piece of property---- after I flipped and sold #3, getting a hair transplant was not the financial burden it seemed to be.

Besides, regardless of how you feel right now, long term investment and stability will put your mind at ease before a hair transplant will.

Take Care,
Jason

s.a.f

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
At 25k thats only $8 per graft. Which is kinda cheap. If you want a quality job by someone like Armani (I doubt there is any good surgeons in NZ and this is not something you can afford to screw up, its well worth travelling to the best, after all its ur freakin hair man!) you will pay more like $12 a graft which is closer to $40,000. Its an obscene amount of money for someone who isnt particularly rich. Do't forgot about travel costs as well. From NZ that will be at least $3000 return to travel to his clinic in Canada, but apparently they can pay for flights If you have over 3000 grafts (or something like that).

Anyway to answer your question, I think this is has to be one of thee most expensive cosmetic surgery procedures which seems staggering to me. You could prob get face surgery for less than that, like a new nose or something. I think hair transplant surgeons are rip off merachants myself. So it depends on your level of hairloss, if its really bad and effecting your life or social life in a major way you gotta go for the surgery first. If you can live with it for a few more years, id go for the house first. Which is what im doing.

I myself have spent enough money on hair transplant's to buy a new car or make a good deposit on a house.
For me it was just a case of sacrificing ang saving money.

Metal you really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to hair transplant's.
Yes hair transplant's are f*****g expensive, but you seem to think that this is some simple procedure.
Extracting 1000's of tiny hair follicles and relocating them and then getting them to regrow again is a modern day miracle. To compare this to a procedure such as a nose job that is often just a case of breaking a a small peice of bone or extracting some cartilage is ridiculous. A Rhinoplasty op takes barely an hour whilst a hair transplant is usually a full daylong procedure.
When you breakdown the costs of a hair transplant there is not a massive profit to be made.
Set up your clinic £250,000+ this includes premises, state of the art equiptment like stereoscopic mirco scopes, a staff of 5/6/7 fully trained highly qualified technicians, a receptionist? What about the costs of medical licences, insurance and then theres advertising maybe?
When you take all this into account how much does a fully trained, highly skilled surgeon who's sacrificed years putting himself through med school and learning the techniques of hair transplantation earn per hour? Not really a excessive amonut.
Unfortunatley are are some unscroupulous clinics out there who cut corners to make more profit and use surgeons who have'nt got the skills needed to do the job properly.

But back to the original point desperate men will pay almost any amount and its a bit like couples who pay for IVF treatment if you want it badly enough you will find the cash somehow.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Extracting 1000's of tiny hair follicles and relocating them and then getting them to regrow again is a modern day miracle. To compare this to a procedure such as a nose job that is often just a case of breaking a a small peice of bone or extracting some cartilage is ridiculous. A Rhinoplasty op takes barely an hour whilst a hair transplant is usually a full daylong procedure.

I never proclaimed to be an expert, but perhaps iam under-estimating the difficulty and expense involved in performing a procedure :$

How much do you think you have spent all up on hair transplant's SAF?

And more importantly was it worth it?

Would you do it all again if you had the choice?

s.a.f

Reaction score
As many on here know I made some big mistakes with my choice of hair transplant surgeons so I kind of fucked myself when it comes to the final results. If I could go back and change things I could get a better result and save myself about £5K.
Also I get the feeling that I'm not a great candidate (hair characteristics wise) for surgery. I wont be able to say if its all been worth it or not for about another 10 months when I get the finished result of my last hair transplant. Certainly if there is a good improvement overal then the money about £14k will have been worth it in terms of the way I feel about myself.
But I've certainly paid a price not just finacially but physicaly and emotionally aswell.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I thought you would all pick ME over hair. You were talking about me when you meant House, right?............................ :innocent:

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
saf, is there anywhere I can read your story or can you PM me please whenever you get time?
thanks man