How can I make ....

G

homemade a spironolactone-finasteride topical. Should I use dermovan or Aloe vera? Or is distilled water good?

Let's say I want to make a 5% spironolactone 5% finasteride topical( both in one and the same topical), how much do I need of each if I want to dissolve them in 250ml or 16 oz? I was never good in math! :hairy:

The Gardener

Reaction score
Getting sh*t to pass through your skin is not a simple proposition. Keep in mind the fact that your skin is waterproof. Some 95% of your body volume is water, and it is your skin that keeps it in.

You can't just put sh*t on your skin and expect it to penetrate. You need a carrier substance, such as alcohol, that the chemicals you are wanting to absorb can be dissolved into or you will have no luck.

So, first off, does finasteride dissolve in alcohol, or in PPG, or DMSO, or in another suitable carrier substance?

Second, some molecules are just plain too big and/or are incompatible with skin absorbtion. For example, you can put pen ink onto your skin.. it might stain your skin.. but the pen ink will not penetrate far enough to enter the bloodstream. The protective skin prevents this. You have to make sure finasteride is compatible.

You really need to look into these questions first. I don't want you to waste your money on sprinkling large amounts of finasteride onto your scalp only to have it just sit there, do no good, and then just get washed off like sweat or dirt when you shampoo at the end of the day.

G

You are absolutely right Gardener. From what I have read a lot of people on other sites use a dermovan spironolactone topical and it works fine for them.

So lets say I want to make a 5% spironolactone 5% finasteride topical( both in one and the same topical), how much do I need of each if I want to dissolve them in 250ml(aloe vera) or 16 oz(dermovan)? And which is better?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
cesim said:
So lets say I want to make a 5% spironolactone 5% finasteride topical( both in one and the same topical), how much do I need of each if I want to dissolve them in 250ml(aloe vera) or 16 oz(dermovan)? And which is better?

You really want 5% finasteride in 16 oz of Dermovan?? For that, you'd have to add 22.7 GRAMS (22,700 mg) of finasteride, which is the amount contained in 4,540 Proscar tablets!

Bryan

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bump, i want to know...