How come

shadowRX

Established Member
Reaction score
for the first 2 to 3 months of taking finasteride my acne was completely gone and my sheding was like 90% less. But now at about the 6 month mark my acne is back to normal and my shedding is too. :\

fallenstarinc

Reaction score
of course it's hard to say...

the problem with finasteride is that it deals with hormonal issues which are completely different for everyone in every experience. the most obvious answer would be that your body had experienced a hormonal change, having less acne as a result. later on your body adapts and finds a balance (bringing your acne back to normal). as for shedding, there is a lot that can be said for that, but in my opinion shedding is much more subjective. your shedding may in fact not be worse or better. we all shed hair, male pattern baldness or not. if you have male pattern baldness you tie it to hair loss immediately. you could be shedding and re-growing, shedding in a normal pattern. who knows. i really feel that acne is a better indicator of hormones that how many hairs you can count on your hands when you are showering.

evolutionary

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with the first response, it just hits everybody differently. I was unfortunately in the "2%" that really got hit hard with mood swings and weak libido. Others report absolutely no sides at all, lucky bastards.