How do [I]YOU[/I] Take your Proscar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdell

Reaction score
Assuming you have a script for Proscar instead of Propecia, do you break each 5mg up into 5 pieces and take it the same as Propecia? Or do you take one pill every 2 or 3 or 4 days?

Just wondering since I recently got my script changed from Propecia to Proscar. Maybe I'll go back and ask about Avodart(if it wasn't so expensive). :?

jdell

Reaction score
:? Did I miss a similar thread?

It's a question of opinion. Answer it or not. FYI I'm a moderator on more than one forum and I won't post what I feel is a garbage thread. Thank you for your cordial concern.

oni

Reaction score
How you going to get your script changed to Avodart? it's not approved for hair loss. If it's a question of opinion stop being a sheep and have your own opinion you already have an answer to the question. This post is garbage that's why you have only one persons replying to it and that's me. I am a fool to try and help a noob like you. I only said
Please do a search on the forum

Next time I see a post like yours. I will not be nice to the noob. I will feed them misinformation because they are too lazy to just use the search option :roll: and as for
Did I miss a similar thread?
yeah you did about, himmm let me see well over a hundred :shock:

jdell

Reaction score
Well you blew past cordial this time huh? Is Proscar approved for treating hair loss? Do you think most doctors actually want their patient to take 5mg of fina a day? Scroll down and read the post titled Splitting Proscar. You'll see that guys dilemma. His doctor prescribed a dosage that didn't match the pill's dosage. And they wouldnt fill it. Most Dr.'s at this point write 5mg to avoid that. Standard practice? Probably not, but it's done. Maybe my doctor sees eye to eye with me since he's going through the same thing being only a few years older than me and losing his hair. Anyways, it's none of your concern now is it?

As far as acting the sheep, who's the one !trying! to be important by throwing out "Please search"? Like mentioned I'm a moderator at more than one forum, a few with much more traffic than this board. I still take the time to answer questions or direct people to other posts. I don't just tell them to go blow themselves(although you did so politely).

Noob? Look at the member dates, I've been here longer than you junior, I just do more reading than posting since I don't have anything more to contribute than some other members of this board.

Now can we please stay on topic? If you wish to continue this PM me or email me. We'll chat. :D

G

Just cut the tablet into 4. You can try 5 but it get's tricky.

You can of course hire a book from the Library on how to cut Proscar. It's 300 pages but it does go into quite a bit of detail, aerodynamics of Proscar, Temporal Space Capacity, cutting tools, cutting methods for both left and right handed individuals, advice for the blind and mute. Special advice for Stephen Hawking.

There also countless pictures of right and wrong ways to cut Proscar.

oni

Reaction score
More reading lol that's a good one, soooo you missed the couple of thousand posts I found lol! finasteride is approved by the FDA to treat male pattern baldness that is the name of the drug and Proscar contains 5mg's of it. I would like to see your doctor's dilemma when trying to write you a prescription for a non approved drug for hairloss. Moderator hmmmmm are they sites like one-manandhisdog.com or get-down-Shep.org, so what is your avatar like a black sheep with a name like BBSDB (Big Bad Sheep Dog bully)

jdell

Reaction score
traxdata said:
Just cut the tablet into 4. You can try 5 but it get's tricky.

You can of course hire a book from the Library on how to cut Proscar. It's 300 pages but it does go into quite a bit of detail, aerodynamics of Proscar, Temporal Space Capacity, cutting tools, cutting methods for both left and right handed individuals, advice for the blind and mute. Special advice for Stephen Hawking.

There also countless pictures of right and wrong ways to cut Proscar.

I was mostly wondering if people chose to up their dose when they switched from Propecia to Proscar. Thanks for the answer, although semi-satirical. 8)

oni trolls threads said:
More reading lol that's a good one, soooo you missed the couple of thousand posts I found lol! finasteride is approved by the FDA to treat male pattern baldness that is the name of the drug and Proscar contains 5mg's of it. I would like to see your doctor's dilemma when trying to write you a prescription for a non approved drug for hairloss. Moderator hmmmmm are they sites like one-manandhisdog.com or get-down-Shep.org, so what is your avatar like a black sheep with a name like BBSDB (Big Bad Sheep Dog bully)

Hate to tell you but it wasn't always approved for treating male pattern baldness, sorry if it came out wrong but you'll have to forgive me as I was just released from work. Would you be so kind as to link me to a post where people list their preferred method and their results? If they felt additional side effects when upping their doses, and if they continued treatment and if so, did the effects subside? Did I search, yes. Did I give up easily after about a half hour of not finding what I was looking for? Yes. You may have all day to spend on the internet, but my life consists of more and I can't spend the 4 straight hours searching through different posts trying to find what I'm looking for. I have to spend enough time skimming posts on other forums as is.
And what is with your sheep affinity? Yur a big fur guy eh? Christmas is coming up, maybe I'll spring and buy you a set of sheers.
Regardless this isn't gettig anywhere is it? This bickering is pointless. Just drop it, Take it to PM and quit whoring my thread.

oni

Reaction score
Well I don't know how to say this but you are know better than anyone else so do us all a favour and try reading a forum and using the search function. I don't know why you missed this topic but it comes up nearly every week. I don't need 10 mins to find a thread that tells me what is the best way to take proscar and how to cut it and so on and on. The thing is how could I be taking over your thread without me answering it there would not have been a thread this post would have stayed unanswered. I like the way you said
semi-satirical
to traxdata the guy was taking the piss out of you because you are a pratt :hairy: they don't choose to up their dose when turning to Proscar, it's just easier cutting the pill into four. I don't really think you have a clue that's why you asked the question. I also don't think you have read much on this forum because you would have known the answer to this question and FYI I don't like Fruit beverages.

G

J Dell:
"You may have all day to spend on the internet, but my life consists of more and I can't spend the 4 straight hours searching through different posts trying to find what I'm looking for."

False, Anyway who makes that a point in there message is lying

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jdell said:
Assuming you have a script for Proscar instead of Propecia, do you break each 5mg up into 5 pieces and take it the same as Propecia? Or do you take one pill every 2 or 3 or 4 days?

Just wondering since I recently got my script changed from Propecia to Proscar. Maybe I'll go back and ask about Avodart(if it wasn't so expensive). :?

JDell, Ill have to agree with Oni, this information has been asked a few gazzziillion times. But that is besides the point.

Any who, if you decide to take the proscar route I recommend you cut it into 4s and take it everyday. This will be 1.25 mg of finasteride, which is the same stuff as Propecia only a quarter more. Also, do not take the "one pill every 2 or 3 days" approach. Consistency is key and so is patience.

Tony

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Thread closed at originators request.

HairLossTalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.