How do you just develop R.H. after finasteride was working?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I just really don't get how after nine months of success my hair just took a nose dive and has gotten thinner in the back, sides, top, and hairline.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i dunno man

you did have alot of stress a little while back

possibly it induced Telogen Effluvium

did you ever get tested from a doctor for RH
are you still using finasteride?

cheers mate

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
After 9 months I had a huge shed. All over. Then about 3 months later it improved and shed again.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Like said I was in the hospital for acute pancreatitis (yes I have heard the EXTREMELY RARE but the 3 or 4 cases of people POSSIBLY getting that on finasteride but I have a history of alcohol abuse and bad diet habits) so my body went through some major shock which it is still recovering from. Add on to that, the stress of missing two weeks of school so I have been playing catch up ever since and since I had to go off my diet for the pancreatitis, the bad eating habits have returned causing less sleep although I wonder if it's also from the fact how fast my hair went into the toliet from Mid-March to now. It seemed like my hair was really at it's best when I was exercising constantly (late December to early March) and on that high protein/complex carb/low fat diet.

I am still on finasteride but I am also taking pantothenic acid and about 2 grams a day to see if my skin clears up some.

I haven't been able to go to an endocrinologist but we will see after school.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I just really don't get how after nine months of success my hair just took a nose dive and has gotten thinner in the back, sides, top, and hairline.
If you remember my posts, I told you my hair went downhill around the 8 month mark of STARTING Propecia and I thinned all over as well. As far as increase in body hair, it could be just because you are getting older. My body hair starting to increase somewhat around your age. All of sudden my skin is getting more oily too and I am getting some breakouts as well. Could it be reflex hyperandrogenicity too? I hope not. Hopefully its due to the change in weather and increase in humidity. Texas and Florida weather are pretty much the same. I strongly suggest you get a complete hormone panel check and check your liver as well just to make sure nothing is out of balance. I did this about 6 months ago and everything was in normal range. I am going to repeat the tests at the end of the year again. I seriously doubt you have RH since that usually happens early in the treatment and your body should have adjusted by now. Obsidian, I know exactly how you feel. I have always been worried Propecia is responsible for my downhill spiral because my hair was so much better before I used it. I always suspected it made my androgen receptors super sensitive to DHT when before they were not.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd expect it to be just the normal shed cycle. Most users see a huge shed during the 4-5 month mark. After that the hair is in the growth cycle and then back into the 8-9 month another shed.

Dblbass128

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the same thing is happening to me on Revivogen

I had a huge shed in the beginning then last couple weeks my hair went to sh*t....I added Tricomin as well once a day with Foam once a day and hopefully Revivogen every night or at least 4-5 nights a week

We will see :p