How do you remember which posts you have posted in?

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any sort of indicator that I am missing? I notice posts are orange that have been updated since you last visited, but I do not see any marker making it clear that you have an interest in any given post..

:dunno:

Cassin

Reaction score
Top left corner

but_forum_yourtopics.gif

cuebald

Reaction score
Also, when you've posted in a thread, the icon (the one that goes orange when there are new posts) will have a little dot in the 11o'clock position.

topic_read_mine.gif

If you have not posted in the thread there will be no dot: behold:

topic_read.gif

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
cuebald said:
Also, when you've posted in a thread, the icon (the one that goes orange when there are new posts) will have a little dot in the 11o'clock position.

topic_read_mine.gif

If you have not posted in the thread there will be no dot: behold:

topic_read.gif

See I've noticed things like that.. but then I dismissed it as coincidence because there are threads that I have posted in that just have an envelope. No dot.

I wonder why only some of the threads I post in show the dot?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
dougfunny said:
See I've noticed things like that.. but then I dismissed it as coincidence because there are threads that I have posted in that just have an envelope. No dot.

Nah, I don't believe that! I think it works consistently, 100% of the time. Of course, you do have to be logged-in for it to work; otherwise, the system has no way of knowing if you've previously posted in a given thread. If you didn't see a dot in a thread that you had posted in before, it probably was because you weren't logged-in at that time.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Bryan said:
dougfunny said:

Nah, I don't believe that! I think it works consistently, 100% of the time. Of course, you do have to be logged-in for it to work; otherwise, the system has no way of knowing if you've previously posted in a given thread. If you didn't see a dot in a thread that you had posted in before, it probably was because you weren't logged-in at that time.

Right on the money Bryan!

dougfunny

Established Member
Reaction score
THIS thread, for example, has NO DOT!! I'm going to take a screen-cap later and prove it.