How Far Can I Get With Just Propecia And Biotin?

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Propecia almost 2 years ago when I noticed my hair was thinning. I was about 19 years old then. I am now 21 and want to know how much longer I can keep this hair. Will the propecia lose effectiveness? I started Biotin less than a month ago, and for whatever reason my hair feels slightly thicker, but I know it is too soon to tell. I do not want to try any topical treatments for fear of the initial shed. I am currently in college and do not want to go bald for a period of 2 months while I wait for the Rogaine to get past the shedding phases. Will I be able to AT LEAST keep my current hairline with just Propecia and Biotin?

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The initial shed is nothing compared to the shed you'll experience if you stop minoxidil after long term. Don't worry about the initial shed.
What dose biotin are you taking? I don't think biotin will do much for your hair regardless.

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
The initial shed is nothing compared to the shed you'll experience if you stop minoxidil after long term. Don't worry about the initial shed.
What dose biotin are you taking? I don't think biotin will do much for your hair regardless.

I am taking 5000 mcg daily.

How have your results been from propecia?

I honestly have no idea. I have nothing to compare it to really. I started early in the stages of male pattern baldness and I haven't gone bald yet. I didn't take pictures of when I first started it. I honestly do think that, had it not been for propecia, I would probably have been mostly bald by now, but this is just a guess. My cousin on my moms side went completely bald by the time he was my age.

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
I am taking 5000 mcg daily.

I honestly have no idea. I have nothing to compare it to really. I started early in the stages of male pattern baldness and I haven't gone bald yet. I didn't take pictures of when I first started it. I honestly do think that, had it not been for propecia, I would probably have been mostly bald by now, but this is just a guess. My cousin on my moms side went completely bald by the time he was my age.

finasteride will start giving you sexual sides, that may become permanent(Stop listening to what these idiots say otherwise; they would rather lose their erection for life if it means keeping a few wisps of hair on their head.

if i were u, id drop the finasteride, and go with something topical like RU. esp if you are a young guy in ur 20s finasteride isn't something to mess with.

K

karankaran

OP,

I am on finasteride for more than a year. I have also been on biotin 10,000 mcg daily. My hair has stayed where it was.

I recently added minoxidil to spur some regrowth - hopefully.

BTW, I have recently added riboflavin (Vitamin b2) 400 mg to my daily routine as well. I think that as long as you are on what works, adding a supplement won't hurt but I would not make a supplement a substitute.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
My opinion and experience is that the initial shed is vastly over exaggerated due to people's OCD and such. I wouldn't worry about it too much