How good/bad does BHT look?

CCS

Reaction score
I was looking at my grafts last night. At a short length they are not bad looking. 1/3 density or so, and different angle than the hair behind it, for a different luster. My hair behind the grafts hides the scalp so well that there is no scalp showing, but just luster of hair. The grafted hair shows scalp, and so lacks the luster. But from many angles I still have the NW2 look, not the NW4a look.

Since I just doubt I can get the hair piece attachment I want with grafts growing up under the edges all the time, I'm thinking of maybe just going to 2/3 density with BHT. I just don't want curly hairs of different colors making my front looking worse than a wig. And I'm not interested in dying my hair either.

I think my body hair is about the same color as my head hair. Maybe lighter, maybe darker, depending on where it comes from. My head hair has a 1.5 inch curl in it. My body hair probably a 1 inch curl or less. The head hair is at most twice the diameter of my body hair, but that is when the hair is first growing out after being lasered. I'd have to compare a piece of head hair to some body follicles that had time to grow out before I could judge caliper better.

My main concern is I want to lower my hairline with the stuff, and fill in some areas, in a 50 square cm area with 1500 grafts, and don't want to look like I have a rats nest on my head or have dot scars on my legs. If a woman is looking up close at my legs, I want her to think they are sexy smooth, not speckled. What do you think the odds are of this being accomplished?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think the odds of you being happy with any procedure are slim.

CCS

Reaction score
the curls of my body hair are 2/3 inch, but they flip directions after 2/3 inch, giving that pube look. the hair on the sides of my head have a 1 inch curl, and I keep it about 1/2 inch long, so BHT might work for my temples. The hair on top of my head has a longer curl radius, and at 1.5 inches, the body hair would look kind of bad, though it might still be good for just thickening.

But filling in the temples is cheaper, and would let me buy partials instead of the price of a full cap. Maybe I'll do that, and fill in the scar where the hair is also short. As for beard hair to lower the hairline, I would look better, but then I'd not even be able to attach well in front either. Kind of a one way ticket. Jayman says I should get on Avodart, regrow more head hair, and then get regular FUE to fill in the front.

CCS

Reaction score
My temples are the most visible area from far away, since they can be seen from eye level. top front is visible too, but not so much. Maybe I should get BHT for my temples, and then leave the top alone. But with thin temples, I can't do a thick top unless I shave the temples again.

Decisions are so much easier for guys with NW5 or so. The piece is the clear winner for them if they are smooth bald.