How helpful is MSM in a routine?

Petchsky

Reaction score
I don't think it will help you much John as it's main function is to speed up the growth of your hair. MSM is mainly sulphur which helps grow hair and nails quicker.

ali777

Reaction score
MSM isn't a hairloss treatment. As Petchsky already said, the evidence shows that MSM can increase hair growth speed, ie it makes hair grow quicker. I think it's also supposed to thicken hair, but not in the sense that it fights the thinning process. It just makes the existing hair strands stronger.

I've tried MSM for a while, my daily dose was between 1500mg and 3000mg. TBH, I thought my hair grew slightly quicker, but the difference was too small. Some forum users report significant changes in the hair growth speed, so it probably works for some.

s.a.f

Reaction score
MSM has nothing to do with m.p.b you might aswell take any vit/supplement.

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
As said in other threads, garlic and onions (or garlic based supplements) give you as much sulfur for considerably less money that MSM. However both MSM and garlic are powerful antioxidants which increase glutathione levels in the body and supplementation is recommended regardless of whether it has any effect on MBA.