How I "cured" my extremley aggresive male pattern baldness.

lukke103

Reaction score
Hello.

So I'd like to share my story in a few words and how I, well I wouldn't say beat, but definitely still hanging on in the fight against male pattern baldness. Let's put it like this, I'm today 22 years old and my hair situation is tremendously better comparing to how it was when I was around 16-17. My intentions with this thread is just to hopefully spread some hope primarily to the youth but also to the older generation. What I'm gonna present here is nothing revolutionary really, still though, I personally find my own story very inspiring because I could never for a moment back when I was 16 believe that I one day would write these words considering how early the onset of male pattern baldness hit me and how unfortunate my chances were, looking at how hard it also hit my relatives.

Going to try to keep it laconic and as informative as I can and I'm not going to share everything that I've experienced throughout these years regarding this subject since I do believe I'm going to lose some people along the way doing so (which I probably already have at this point, oh well). Let's go!

I started losing my hair at the age of 15, it became noticeable at 16. Still remember the early morning I woke up and found my pillow full of hair and panicked for the first time in my life. I soon realized I had male pattern baldness and it was very easy to confirm, especially by studying my father's and brother's hair loss. My older brother was a Norwood-5 at the age of 20 progressing to Norwood-6. Funny how I never paid attention to that before I got aware of the hair loss phenomena myself. While my father's hair loss started slightly lately he told me, he's all bald today. I was a Norwood 2.5 at the age of 17 with a thinning vortex.

Today, 22 years old, I'm a NW1 with thick hair and currently no signs of losing it.

Throughout the years I've tried a bunch of different products and I believe I've finally found what, at least currently, is repressing my hair loss. It's a combination of products and a lifestyle which I thought I was going to share and some thoughts about it. Also I made a minor hair transplant a year ago which restored the hairline. Now that's a whole different story, but probably worth mentioning. What's important here is: I would never do it if I had an unstable hair loss situation and I advise against the youth doing hair transplants solely for this reason. If you're not certain your hair loss is under control, don't think about hair transplants.

My regime:

Finasteride 1mg every morning. While this did help stabilize I'm very confident finasteride alone in most cases is NOT enough.
Minoxidil liquid every morning & night. Using far less than the recommended 2mL, maybe around 1mL in total during two applications.
Oils once a week. Seriously, if you're not using oils in your hair, then start doing it. I really do believe they can help out a great deal. I'm currently using a mix of a bunch of different oils, search for EricTipsReviews on youtube and watch his upload regarding the mixture if you're interested to know more about that matter.
MSM 3000mg daily in combination with food. I started using MSM in January and my hair today does feel much thicker. However, I also started with the oil mixture at the same time so it's hard to say whats being the most beneficial. Still, one thing is certain: my hair is much healthier today and looking thicker comparing to January.
Nettle & Rosehip powder. Both contain lots of Vit-C as well as other goodies. The Vit-C is especially good in combination with MSM.
D-vit 2000IE each morning

And next on the list: the lifestyle. If you're not a sufferer of male pattern baldness, you can probably live on coke and candy for the rest of your life and your hair won't be affected. However, if you do have the unfortunate genes of male pattern baldness, then I'm sorry to say that your lifestyle is going to affect you. Now this is all personal experiences and I'm not going to back it up with a bunch of studies but I am convinced that your lifestyle plays a great deal when dealing with hair loss if you have "weak male pattern baldness genes".

What's important when it comes to the lifestyle, is to avoid building bad habbits. You can still eat your chocolate and candy bars and white bread, but not on a daily basis.

Here's what one day may look like for me:

Breakfast
Oatmeal
Random fruit, usually apple/orange/banana
Sunflower or Pumpkin seeds

Skip the bread, butter, cheese, milk and cereals.

Lunch
Fish
Broccoli
Tomatoes
Carrot

Switch the rice, potatoes, spagetthi and so on for vegetables.

Evening

A mixture of various vegetables and a fruit or two.

As you may notice, lot's of green food. It's really hard changing your diet to something like this if you're used to something else, but if you truly want to beat your hair loss I think this is one step in the right direction. Not only will your hair benefit from this, but also your general wellbeing. I also believe there really is something to the alkaline diet lifestyle. Ever since I radically changed my diet I've noticed less hair fall as well as better skin and nails. I've also been sleeping much better.

Ok, enough for now. To summarize with a few words; if you're young and experiencing an aggressive hairloss do not give up. I've been there, please believe me I know how hopeless it may seem. But it IS possible to overcome and gain your hair back. I am not saying you will get all your lost hair back or hair regrowth in completley bald areas but I'm convinced it's more than possible to stabilize your hair and thicken it.

Again, I felt like I had to share this as I never ever would think it was possible for me to gain my hair back, and it being this healthy. No idea for how long it's gonna last but still, I must have done something right.

I apologize if I've made grammar mistakes and what not. English is not my native language.

Thanks for reading and good luck!

Pictures:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
:worthless:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@antydhtor

No, that is not me.

Sorry I don't want to upload pictures, but may I ask why that's so important?

Because this is a hairloss forum where people are seeking advice and experience with hair loss. We cannot trust that you beat your male pattern baldness without pictures.

lukke103

Reaction score
Because this is a hairloss forum where people are seeking advice and experience with hair loss. We cannot trust that you beat your male pattern baldness without pictures.

Well I might upload pics at some point though I don't have any pics from when the situation was at its worst stage.

Still, why would I bother to write a topic like this if it's all false

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I might upload pics at some point though I don't have any pics from when the situation was at its worst stage.

Still, why would I bother to write a topic like this if it's all false

In this world, real trust is hard to come by...

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you guys need pics? Its just proven finasteride+minoxidil combo. Everything else in his post is fluff.

HairCome2Me

Reaction score
OP, there's plenty of photo editing apps that can hide your face and they are free. Titling a thread using words like cure male pattern baldness will draw a lot of attention in this space that's often filled with hopelessness. Yes, I believe your genuine but the pictures would just be icing on a cake.

lukke103

Reaction score
Why do you guys need pics? Its just proven finasteride+minoxidil combo. Everything else in his post is fluff.

It's most def not finasteride+minoxidil alone combo. I used finasteride/minoxidil for 3 years and while I had an improvement it was nothing like it is now. Once I changed my lifestyle(the diet mostly), added oils, started sleeping and exercising better things changed radically. I barely lose any hairs these days when taking my hand through my hair, comparing to just one year ago I each time few hairs would stick onto the hand

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I can upload some pics of how it looks today but I don't understand how it can encourage people since they don't have anything to compare it with since again, I don't have any pictures from the early days. But alright, I'll upload a pic or too and I'll say sorry in advance because the quality of this camera is crap

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
It's most def not finasteride+minoxidil alone combo. I used finasteride/minoxidil for 3 years and while I had an improvement it was nothing like it is now. Once I changed my lifestyle(the diet mostly), added oils, started sleeping and exercising better things changed radically. I barely lose any hairs these days when taking my hand through my hair, comparing to just one year ago I each time few hairs would stick onto the hand

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, I can upload some pics of how it looks today but I don't understand how it can encourage people since they don't have anything to compare it with since again, I don't have any pictures from the early days. But alright, I'll upload a pic or too and I'll say sorry in advance because the quality of this camera is crap

You don't eat any meat???

diehunnen123

Banned
Reaction score
awsome, wrote a full essay about his hairloss and doesnt even probive pictures. posts like this should get BANNED!