How I stopped my shedding!

Vinyard

Reaction score
Hello folks!

I'm 18 years old and I'm a Norwood 2 heading for NW3. Pretty depressing but I hope to stabilize it and hopefully regrow some hair to get a better hairline in the future. As many people here I experienced shedding during a shower or while I was combing my hair. I didn't know what to do about it until I bought myself some zinc pills. For about $10 I had a 3 month supply of zinc pills and after 1 month my shedding was gone! I still shed but not like I used to. During a shower I would loose 75 hairs and 10 - 20 more when combing, and today I only notice a couple of strands on my hands while showering. I would say I loose 30 hairs at most during a shower today but it's perfectly normal to loose 50 - 100 hairs every day and I rarely see strands on my pillow or anything.

Go for it people! Buy some zinc pills. Any zinc pills will work! You see... zinc is very important for your body but most people are low in zinc because you don't find it in most food you would normally eat. I'm pretty sure you will stop your shedding as well! My shedding problem is gone and I rarely think about it any longer! It feels sooooo good to not worry about shedding. What I need to fix now is my receding hairline because I'm 100% sure I will stop my hairloss and grow a full head of hear! I'm going to order a 6 month supply of Kirkland and as soon as I graduate from high school I'm going to get a prescription for Proscar. Zinc people. Zinc!!

Edit: If you're going to try this out please let us know how your treatment turns out. Give us updates in this thread and share your experience with us. I pray and hope you all manage to stop your shedding. Good luck!

Vinyard

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread so more people can see this. It actually works and I still do not shed after 3 months of creating this thread. I've been on Kirkland minoxidil for 2 months now and I've seen no results, not sure if I have even stopped the hairloss. It's a pain in the *** for me to get propecia/proscar.

T

Timi

minoxidil in the Dustbin
it was the biggeset Hairkiller for me

and take finasteride allone

Danik0226

Reaction score
I think the problem most people have with Minoxidil is applying it to the area they want. Applying it to areas that have existing hairs will cause them to fall out prior to going back into the anagen phase. It's like your always trying to catch up with which follicles are affected even if you didn't intend for them to be. That and I don't think Minoxidil is all that effective for regrowing lots of hair even with finasteride.

Vinyard

Reaction score
Just one pill every day. Have you managed to stop your shedding? Or seen less of it?

maggie99

Reaction score
Vinyard said:
Just one pill every day. Have you managed to stop your shedding? Or seen less of it?

Surely you know how uninformative that answer is?

One pill could be 5mg, 10mg, 50mg, or 100mg.

dhl

Reaction score
You really shouldn't take more than 15mg of Zinc supplements per day.

It can actually have a negative effect on your hair.

Don't overdose on zinc.

andysutils

Reaction score
dhl said:
You really shouldn't take more than 15mg of Zinc supplements per day.

It can actually have a negative effect on your hair.

Don't overdose on zinc.
45-60mg is the recommended balance dosage for haircare.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I remember taking Zinc to curb my hair loss and it did nothing.

I've inherited this from my dad who is at Norwood 7 at the age of 70 yrs old.

Vinyard

Reaction score
^

It does not help against hair loss but zinc is very important for your body. Shedding is no longer a problem for me! I never think about it any longer. Before when I took a shower and I would see 50 strands on my hands... I almost cried. After crying a bit I punched the walls. Now when I take a shower I don't even look at my hands to count the strands because I know I won't see much of them. A year ago it was a habit to count the hairs. Now I don't longer care about shedding. It's such a relief! One less thing in life to worry about.
My hairloss did not improve from zinc though. In fact my hair line is still receding and I STILL haven't got a prescription for Proscar but I'm working on it. Bought some Kirkland though but that didn't even stop the hairloss. Maybe because it doesn't work on the hairline I don't know.
But Proscar... I'm sure that will help me. I'm also thinking about getting a water filter so I can filter out all the metals and toxins from tap water, mainly flouride because flouride is very harmful for your body. Not the cause for hairloss I believe but it doesn't hurt to try it out. Even if it doesn't help I'll have nice and clean water without flouride.

Vinyard

Reaction score
Got a prescription for ProScar last week! Hooray! I contacted a doctor who works at a hair transplant clinic in Sweden and on his website there's a special page where you can apply for a prescription for finasterid 5 mg. I sent the $30 he needed to process the whole thing and two weeks later I got my prescription. 100 pills which I cut in fourths equals 400 days. The price? Around 88 Swedish kronor which is around 13 dollars. 13 bucks for a one year supply. Not bad ey?

So I'm working on my treatment right now. Haven't taken any zinc for the last 3 - 4 months or so but I hope I won't have to since I got finasterid now. Also got 2 months of Kirkland minoxidil 5% so I'm well equipped for two months. Wish me luck and I'll see you in the success stories when I've seen some major difference!