How long after a hair transplant can I use nizoral & Minoxidil?

Simba

Reaction score
Hello folks

I've been using this site for approximately a year now and it has helped me immensley to see that i'm not alone with suffering from male pattern baldness.

What I would like to know is how soon I can return to using Nizoral and Minoxidil after having a hair transplant?. I know from previous experience that I am expected to use shampoo etc provided by the surgeon for 2 weeks after the op, but I don't want to jeopardise the grafts by using nizoral & minoxidil too soon. Incidentally I have been using Proscar for 18 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

Simba said:
Hello folks

I've been using this site for approximately a year now and it has helped me immensley to see that i'm not alone with suffering from male pattern baldness.

What I would like to know is how soon I can return to using Nizoral and Minoxidil after having a hair transplant?. I know from previous experience that I am expected to use shampoo etc provided by the surgeon for 2 weeks after the op, but I don't want to jeopardise the grafts by using nizoral & minoxidil too soon. Incidentally I have been using Proscar for 18 months.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Upon the advice of my hair transplant Doctor, I started again on post op day 10.

Seemed to work fine. Doctor believes the minoxidil improves the speed and take of the new grafts.

Good luck :lol:

Simba

Reaction score
thanks for that Bruce. You mentioned post op 10 days, did that include using Nizoral aswell ?

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
i would think nizoral would be beneficial to the transplant because it would help prevent infection

Simba

Reaction score
Me too Zak, however it does seem to be strong stuff and I always have to put moisteriser on after using or else my face dries up big time. I just want to make sure that I am not putting the new grafts in any danger !!!

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
yes b/c the hair transplant doctor gives you dandruff shampoo when you leave, and we all know which one is the best

at least my Doctor did

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
yes b/c the hair transplant doctor gives you dandruff shampoo when you leave, and we all know which one is the best

at least my Doctor did