how long did it take

andy

Reaction score
for you guys to see that finasteride did work for you, and how did you notice it

G

I did between 4-6 months. I could see it was working. Then things just settled down until month 9 where I hit a shed. hair looked sh*t...

Then after that things have come back and all seems well. I guess the pattern will repeat!!

andy

Reaction score
ok.have been on it for almost six months now, and my hair is thinner than ever, all over my head, fucked up

G

andy said:
ok.have been on it for almost six months now, and my hair is thinner than ever, all over my head, fucked up

oh... How bad was your hair when you started?

andy

Reaction score
i had big temples, but my crone was okey, and my hair wasn't thinning i think, but now when i come out of the shower, i could see that famous horse shoe, damn i panicked

G

I would stick with it for at least a year. finasteride is great at maintaining what you have and if you catch it quite early it can even grow back some hair that was attacked by DHT.

If you are in the latter stages of male pattern baldness then all you can expect is a little regrowth but good maintenence.

andy

Reaction score
yeah, thats why i only began on propecia, cause if i could just maintaine what i had, i would be happy, but now, five months later, it looks like sh*t. i feel it goes the wrong way

G

That's why you need to give it a year. If the hair is damaged then it will take some months to repair and grow. You should also use Nizoral if you already don't. 2% is best. This really does make a difference.

andy

Reaction score
i'm going to buy something called fungoral, cause here in norway they haven't heard about nizral in the drugstore, very strange, but fungoral has the same ingridience, don't remeber what it's called....but does it affext my hairloss that i use alot of wax in my hair, ??