How Long Does A Hair Transplant Last ?

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I’m 33 years old I was a Norwood 5 I had a hair transplant the other day and I’ve started to take finesteride , I’ve been reading that because the hairs are taken from the safe zone ( not effected by dht levels ) the results should last forever ? I had 6000 grafts if I’m happy with how it turns out what are the chances I will never go bald again ? They have basically covers every area that could go bald now , if not how long is it likely till il need another 5 years? 10 years? 20 ? Thanks

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I’m 33 years old I was a Norwood 5 I had a hair transplant the other day and I’ve started to take finesteride , I’ve been reading that because the hairs are taken from the safe zone ( not effected by dht levels ) the results should last forever ? I had 6000 grafts if I’m happy with how it turns out what are the chances I will never go bald again ? They have basically covers every area that could go bald now , if not how long is it likely till il need another 5 years? 10 years? 20 ? Thanks
This is controversial.
Of course you would think that “donor” area hair will not fall, because it comes from a zone of the scalp where hair simply doesn’t fall.
Unfortunately it is not so easy. In fact, many have experienced that, even though very slowly, transplanted hair may become victim to some kind of hair loss, as if it didn’t come from a “safe” zone.
How soon? It depends. If you take finasteride, it may never happen. I would say that after ten years your transplanted hair may begin to suffer, otherwise.

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is controversial.
Of course you would think that “donor” area hair will not fall, because it comes from a zone of the scalp where hair simply doesn’t fall.
Unfortunately it is not so easy. In fact, many have experienced that, even though very slowly, transplanted hair may become victim to some kind of hair loss, as if it didn’t come from a “safe” zone.
How soon? It depends. If you take finasteride, it may never happen. I would say that after ten years your transplanted hair may begin to suffer, otherwise.

Basically all websites I can find say that it’s permant and will not fail, any idea on averidge how long they normally last ?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically all websites I can find say that it’s permant and will not fail, any idea on averidge how long they normally last ?
I don’t think anyone ever calculated that average. But I guess you are good to go for at least, as I wrote before, some ten years.

I am not sure that all websites say that hair transplants are forever. Also consider that, with age, even the “donor” area loses ground in some cases. So, hair originally coming from that zone may lose thickness.

Having said that, not to worry. Your 6000 grafts will be fine for a lon time, if you use finasteride especially.

Jamiewilliams77777

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone ever calculated that average. But I guess you are good to go for at least, as I wrote before, some ten years.

I am not sure that all websites say that hair transplants are forever. Also consider that, with age, even the “donor” area loses ground in some cases. So, hair originally coming from that zone may lose thickness.

Having said that, not to worry. Your 6000 grafts will be fine for a lon time, if you use finasteride especially.

Thanks mate