How long does your BHT grow?

CCS

Reaction score
Anyone have BHT done? Does it grow longer than your body hair, like up to 1.5 or 2 inches?

My leg hair is 1 inch long. That is actually long enough, but I'm hoping it will make it to 1.5 or 2 inches without minoxidil once it is on my head. Nizoral might help with that.

CCS

Reaction score
I saw some pics from Dr A in India. Body hair grows out to 2-3 inches easy when done by the right surgeon. Maybe longer. The curl even changed to match the head area. Unless all those pics are fake, which I doubt.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
heres a site of a bht transplantclinic in turkye , istanbul...

http://www.sacekimiresim.com/

it would be nice to have a translator

3000 grafts bodyhair cost 4500 USD here...

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
I saw some pics from Dr A in India. Body hair grows out to 2-3 inches easy when done by the right surgeon. Maybe longer. The curl even changed to match the head area. Unless all those pics are fake, which I doubt.

Who is this Dr A you keep referring to? Full name please.

CCS

Reaction score

CCS

Reaction score
wesleyBelgium said:
heres a site of a bht transplantclinic in turkye , istanbul...

http://www.sacekimiresim.com/

it would be nice to have a translator

3000 grafts bodyhair cost 4500 USD here...

I would gladly go there, but I'm shopping for quality not price. If his quality is as good as Dr A's or Dr Umar's, I'll go. I'll have to translate that page though and do some research on all three doctors.

CCS

Reaction score
Istanbul is in Turkey. It is one of the biggest cities in the world. Turkey has Kurds, which I think like Americans, or at least they used to before we let Saddam fly helicopters over them. So that should be a safe place to go for surgery.

It is in the middle east, but barely. It is right on the edge of eastern europe, far on the outscirts.

Still, I need to get that page translated and look at the pictures and read reviews.

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
normaly i go there in september
sinds my first hair transplant was also there...

in for of quality of hair transplant, its there as good as here....

but for this doctor or the BHT methode i dont know mutch...

i went here : its a nice clinic in istanbul , verry modern
but they do only FUT , and i want now a FUE possible mixed with BHT

http://www.plusmedsaglik.com/

and i booked the pakkage here : http://www.medicaltravelservice.nl/haar ... plantatie/

price of hair transplant includes : flight , hotel and guidance (tolk)
but the doctors speak english also...

for now i seek also quality FUE , and BHT
when i have more info of clinics i will post it to you...
its hard sinds i dont understand turkisch...
if they dont have a website in dutch / french or englisch , i dont understand it... its good enoff to be from belgium and know 3 languages...

CCS

Reaction score
What is the difference between FUT and FUE?

You said you had hair transplant done there? How did it go?

wesleyBelgium

Established Member
Reaction score
FUT : strip
FUE : graft p graft extraction...

it has gone well, i chose istanbul because its cheap and they have experience there also sinds they have many customers from turky and also from other countrys... holland, belgium , germany

i'm happy with it, my doctor at home said it was stitched verry nicely , craftmanship...
the hair looks verry naturel , can say anything bad about it, just that you need to go with the airplane , so you cant just go home after the procedure , you stay a week at a hotel...
i did go shopping also in istanbul , everything is verry cheap there, special jeans : 15 euro , armani belt : 5 euro , in belgium i would have payed 45 euro for that belt...
addidas sportjacket : black with gold lines in : 15 euro...

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Anyone have BHT done? Does it grow longer than your body hair, like up to 1.5 or 2 inches?

My leg hair is 1 inch long. That is actually long enough, but I'm hoping it will make it to 1.5 or 2 inches without minoxidil once it is on my head. Nizoral might help with that.

My beard hair has been growing as long as the scalp. I get my haircut once it grows 4 to 5 inches long.

CCS

Reaction score
The alexandrite laser is not removing the hair on the front of my neck. Very annoying. So I might move some of that hair to my head too, if the color matches, which I doubt it does. I'm saving my calve hair though. I think between my two calves I have 12,000 follicles. That should be enough to fill in my front.

Devender

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
I think between my two calves I have 12,000 follicles. That should be enough to fill in my front.

Enough hair to give a wispy thin toppik effect. Period. If you want better coverage, you go for thicker hair like beard.

CCS

Reaction score
My beard hair is not responding to laser. It has too much red in it. I could transplant it, but then someone might think I was wearing a wig, or think I'm a read head. It's not very red though. Just enough red and some other color that the laser does not want to get rid of. I might just save it.

I've held my thickest head hair up to my calve hair. The calve hair looks about 2/3 the diameter. I'll have to look again when it grows out more. I still think it might not be as whispy as you say. I do have some thin head hairs in my hairline, so I'll cut one off and hold it up to my leg hair to see which is thicker. I suspect the leg hair is thicker, at least at the base.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm afraid I lasered my calf hair too much. I swear my leg hair used to be as thick as my head hair. This just proves that the alexandrite laser is very effective. Hopefully it will grow out thick and just have fewer follicles.

As for BHT, if you transplant 3000 follicles, maybe only 1000-2000 will be visible later once they are no longer sincronized. And in a year or less when they all go in the resting phase, you may think they all died. But they come back. You will see more follicles spout up where you got those from. You got to transfer more. But how does the Doctor know where not to stab to avoid killing the dormant ones on your head? Complicated. That's why I'm thinking I should only use them to put down the holes the scalp donor hair comes from. I'll save some money by putting a lot of body hair in my temples, and then I'll do scalp to top and BHT to scalp donor hole. And then I'll do BHT between scalp later, as the final filling.

I don't think I'll get the model's hair I want, but I'll look a lot better than I do now. My brother will have to have short hair I guess. At least he won't be bald.

CCS

Reaction score
Maybe this is not an issue and Dr A has an answer. I got to email him. Still no response from Dr Umar.

CCS

Reaction score
My body hair is thin:
I saw a thin hair in my hairline. It had some cosmetic effect, but not much for hiding scalp. I cut it off and held it up to my calf hair. It was average diameter. Some were thicker, and some were thinner. The calf hairs are maybe 1/2 their full length. So their bases will probably get thicker. But their tips will still be super thin. Maybe my calf hair won't reach 1 inch again after laser, and maybe it will after it is transplanted. Regardless, they are nice for softening the hair line and use as filler to hide some scalp. But I don't think I'll have dense locks of hair like a 20 year old. I can fill in quite a bit and get maybe 60% density if I spend enough, which may be just fine. But I'll have to keep my hair short.

-------------------------------------
One thing I can do though is move scalp hair to the front top, and use body hair in the temples and down the scalp donor holes. I know I'm repeating myself time and again. But here is my plan:

To do the highest density possible with high survivability, I'll do small sections at a time. Like I'll just do my temples. Then I'll come back and just do the front middle. Then I'll come back and just do the hair line. All this after moving the scalp hair and filling in the scalp holes. Got to do it in that order, or else once the body hair goes dormant for a while and is not visible on the surface, I can't put more hair there or else I risk killing them.

So:

Dence pack one temple, or both.
Scalp donor to front and BHT to donor holes.
Dence BHT between scalp hairs in front, one section at a time, 6 months apart.
Whole process takes maybe 4-5 visits and 2 years, with thickest density at 3-4 years.

I also have to get FUE to change the angle and curl direction of some of my temple hair.