How long until everything returns to normal after quitting Propecia?

play90

Reaction score
Hi everyone, newbie here just looking for some advice. I took Propecia everyday for 4 months earlier this year and then stopped due to low libido, breast/armpit pain and weaker erections. Since coming off it just under 2 months ago my "morning wood" has coming back as has my libido, although I find they're not as consistent prior to taking the drug. Breast and armpit pain has since gone, however on occasion I notice slight sensitivity and throbbing in my testicles.

About 3 weeks after stopping the drug I did notice however that testicles seemed to be hanging higher all the time, in an almost shrunk up and tight state which kinda freaked me out. This has since subsided also however sometimes I just notice them suddenly tighter and especially during arousal and masturbation they stay very tight and high until a few minutes after ejaculation. Sorry if all this is tmi btw I just don't know what's going on or what's happened? My erections are not as hard as before and are more difficult to maintain if I'm not actively in the zone as well which is weird. Another few issues are that I feel like I constantly feel tired/lethargic and have been getting a few minor pimples here and there and I never used to get spots (even when on Propecia). My semen has definitely returned to normal however and did so quite quickly after stopping, as I had the classic watery semen side effect during drug use.

As it's only been just under 2 months since I stopped taking the drug, should I wait a while longer to see if everything rebalances on it's own, or should I get blood work and stuff done asap? I never had any testing done prior to taking the drug or immediately after...wish I had done now. I've read that you should work out regularly and maintain a healthy diet in order to release endorphins which may increase Telogen Effluvium etc, but I just feel overwhelmed atm and would appreciate some perspective from others who have any knowledge or insight into this.