How Many Grafts Do You Guys Think I Will Need?

Guilherme Mendes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Ive been sending my pictures to different facilities but I keep receiving different feedback from professionals. I am really unsure of what is the best option for myself to pursue with my case. Some places are letting me know I need 3,000 grafs, while others are informing me that I need 6,000 grafs or 21 cm2 to 28 cm2. All I am looking for is to have my hairline the way I had it before along with more density and fullness within my hair. Attached are pictures from 2 years ago showing how full and dense my hair was along with my hairline. Those are pictures before and now, I'm only 23. Thank you guys.

Attachments

• IMG_5218.PNG
    IMG_5218.PNG
    405.4 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_5223.PNG
    IMG_5223.PNG
    656.2 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_5224.PNG
    IMG_5224.PNG
    468.7 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_5195.JPG
    IMG_5195.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_5199.JPG
    IMG_5199.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 349

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You on finasteride? Pretty risky case with all that diffusion.

DiffThinner35

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on finasteride/minoxidil? If not, that hair you have now (on top) will be probably gone soon. First try to stabilise/slow down your hairloss before any transplants.

You're too damn young for a hair transplant (in my opinion).

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Holy f*** man that's aggressive. Im 19, almost 20 and I have the same hairline you did in the before. Looking at this scares me. I must hop on finasteride asap, and you should too.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would recommend a transplant as the right option (about 5000 grafts for good coverage), but 100% you have to be on finasteride and should add nizoral 2% too.

For a case that size, best option would be to do an email consult with Hasson + Wong for FUT and Erdogan for FUE and see what they suggest. Both will be adamant about the finasteride though. There are very few doctors competent enough for your case, so for the love of God avoid any rash decisions with local doctors and see how finasteride goes for at least 6 months or so.

Guilherme Mendes

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not, i'm not taking any medice, so you guys think I should take finasteride before any hair transplant? Have u guys heard about Dr. Chang from newport beach california?

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not, i'm not taking any medice, so you guys think I should take finasteride before any hair transplant? Have u guys heard about Dr. Chang from newport beach california?

Yes, preferrably 1-2 years prior to any transplant