How many grafts to fill in front?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on the big-3 for about three months and I'm very pleased with the results. I'm going
to wait about 6 more months but I think I'm going to need hair transplant in the frontal area regardless.

This picture is after a #2 (3/8") guard cut so it really shows the areas that are not responding to
treatment. I also used flash and that really makes the scalp show. The area between the vertex
and front is very thick. The vertex itself is not bad for being slick 90 days or so ago.I feel like the
vertex will continue to get better but the frontal area has been hairless for at least 15 years so
I doubt there will be any growth there.

How many grafts do you think will provide excellent coverage for the front?

This topic has before pics and my current regime: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=44478

Day102-grafts.jpg

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why not fill it all in with one shot ? I can almost assure you that you will want to finish the job after you do the front.

Do you want FUE or strip ?

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score

FUE

I would guess between 3000-4000 if you want good coverage.

Thanks thats about what calgary2800's site said also.

Now I just need a little patience.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
casperz said:

FUE

[quote:2son3b5e]I would guess between 3000-4000 if you want good coverage.

Thanks thats about what calgary2800's site said also.

Now I just need a little patience.[/quote:2son3b5e]

The only Dr who will do FUE for 4K is Armani

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
How much do you think Armani would charge for 4k FUE.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
The only Dr who will do FUE for 4K is Armani

How many grafts will Armani do for 4K? Do other doctors not do fue for fee below 4K?

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
ITNEVERRAINS said:
How much do you think Armani would charge for 4k FUE.

Oh! you mean he is saying only Armani does 4000 fue? I thought he was talking about the fee. Where did he come with this conviction? I have seen other doctors do this and larger numbers.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Hi Casperz,

I had hair transplant to fill in a very similar area to you (temples and front hairline); I had 1000 grafts, and while it gave good coverage from a distance, and reasonable overall cosmetic effect I really need at least the same again to really get the hairline I want. This was discussed at the initial consultation with my surgeon, the only reason I'm still waiting is that even 5 years after starting finasteride, I'm still getting new vellus and terminal growth in that area.

Comparing our pictures, I seem to have had a little more density than you have on the middle area, so I'd say the estimates of around 4,000 grafts seem about right.

Rwt_Raj

Established Member
Reaction score
You need to conserve donor hair to cope up with future hairloss. Using 4000 in just recessed frontal area marked will be an overshoot. More like 2000/2500 should do.

Sean68

Reaction score
you should speak to some surgeons and see what they say. theres a few top doctors apart from armani - rahal, feller, hasson and wong etc that would do just as good a job for a lot less money.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm going to wait till next summer to evaluate where I am and then plan from
there. At that point it will be 18 months of the big 3 plus and I think I will have gotten
maximum changes. It would be great if 1000 - 2000 grafts would do but I've found that the more you
get back the more you want. And I can see that doing 2000 or so and waiting to see the results would
be a smart thing to do.

Matt27

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had in office consults with both Armani and Umar and I'm telling you right now neither doctor will recommend anything less than 3,500 to 5,000FU's. Many of the areas you did not circle will still need to be heavily implanted as the hairs there are very fine and miniaturized. And neither of those two docs would leave you looking weird or like a freak with just 1k or 2k up front and nothing behind.

Also, any doctor will do 4k FU's just not all of them do it on the very same day like Armani has claimed to do. Personally I wouldn't want 4k FU's implanted all on the same day, that seems like a rush and too many cooks in the kitchen so to say, so I'd do what Umar would probably propose, two back-to-back surgeries, about ~2k FU per day.

And since you mentioned price, I have uploaded Armani's official price sheet below. Umar charges $7 per FU, $6 if you're willing to do a video before and after session for his website. He'll even go as low as $5 per FU if you don't have your face blurred out on the video(s).

Matt27_1.JPG

One last bit of advice, I don't know how extremely adverse you are to strip but in general you get better results with strip vs. FUE. Check out what Rahal has been able to do with some of his patients and also look at Hasson & Wong as well. It's a little more invasive but if you never intend to buzz the back of your head and don't mind a tiny scar I'd seriously consider looking into it. Plus, 4k FU's at Rahal would only be about $14,840 vs. Armani's price of $56,000 lol.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I would want hair like Patrick Dempsey for those prices. By the way considering he is 42 years old, I would say he probably has one of the best heads of hair I have ever seen for someone in their 40's. His hair is so thick and dense he will never have to ever worry about seeing any scalp when he gets older.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Sweet Jesus, those are Armani's prices!

f*** that :shakehead: He's not even one of the best in my opinion, great hairlines with strip, but fue no.

This guy is really in it for the money charging that, it's not even competitive.