How many grafts would an NW6 need to achieve at least NW2 with decent density?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
that's an amazing transplant. I always wonder how they manage to get so much hair from the back/sides and yet it doesn't look like anything's even been removed from those areas

Petchsky

Reaction score
Ah NicNitro, funny thing is that his transplant was from years ago, I remember reading his story back in 2004/5.

"but because of above average donor density and laxity" This is how, that and just great hair characteristics, and skillfully placing the grafts.

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
His hair isn't that thick but it is a very impressive result. Assuming slick bald on top then at least 15-20k for good density. You'd never have non-male pattern baldness density which is why if I ever go the FUE/BHT route, I'm going to set my hairline at nw2/2.5 so I can get maximum density all over. Your hairline can be pretty high if your hair is thick.

Free

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are a "clear NW6" then yes you probably need around 10.000 grafts, but if you have some of your hair left, then take a look at my case (in my signature) with almost 6.300 grafts. However, the Hasson case is not a NW6 I think is less than that.

marlws

Reaction score
Newbie here. You say it's basically impossible to get 10,000 grafts with FUE... I'm just wondering why? Does strip yield more grafts? What if it's your first hair transplant like I
am about to go through soon, and I can get roughly 4200. Should i choose FUT and the scar, however small, or 4200 FUE: 2 days (a session of 2000+) a day...I need some advice. Thanks.