How many hair follicles fall out per day?

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
I think estimates on the internet of hundreds of follicles on the internet falling out per day is normal is total bull****

When I was a kid, I dont remember seeing tons of hair on my fingers after shampooing except after a haircut.

So lets have us determine how many hair follicles everyone is losing here daily, and whether you are maintaining or losing ground.

We need an accurate assessment, so only include your number if you
1. Wash your hair in the sink where you can keep count of all hair lost
2. Keep shampooing your hair until your sure you got most of the follicles out

I was losing about 25 hairs about 2 months ago, now I lose around 30-40 hairs daily. I am losing ground.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you on topical spironolactone or oral spironolactone mofo?

and why did you quit CB for?

50-100 hair is average hair fall. But that is throughout the whole day. If your losing 70 odd hairs in the shower then no that is not normal.

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is that I'm more of my hair falls up from the top of my head where I have diffuse thinning than from the side of my head where I get 1-2 follicles at most.

I'm on topical spironolactone 0.5%. I dont think it works, but I use it anyways because nothing really helps me.

I stopped CB because my kidney hurts from stones and I will restart it after I get my blood work done and my ultrasound.

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
spironolactone is a weak anti androgen, CB is the best. By the way where did u order ur CB and how did u prepare it? Did u find a guide online or just read the forums?

baldinglikeamofo

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Did you think that your kidney pains/stones were related to the CB?

No. Kidney stones was just a coincidence.

I didnt give up on CB, I'm just stopping it temporarily as I only have so much of it as I was using it daily and not weekly. I'm actually waiting for my second batch from the group order. Hopefully when I know when thats coming i can figure how to restart everything. Also right now I'm a loner using CB, and using it with a group of 25+ will be more encouraging as hair products work too slow for someone without patience.

I got my cb from kane for $900/gr

Hoppi

Reaction score
I lose a fair few ._. But then my hair is still really long so it always looks and feels worse than it is...

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do.

Was 180 - 230 per day.

Started MSM down to 60-90 per day.

I do nizoral 2% but so far not helping much yet. I'll see.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I used internal spironolactone @ 100 mg a day it took 2 mos to work but when it did I went down to maybe 10-15 hairs a day with fill ins to my temple which was heavily thinning but not yet bald.

I would like to try topical spironolactone but i c its sold here for alot of money and such a little amount. I have very long hair and could use 2 oz in 5 days.