How many months for hairs fallen with Telogen Effluvium to come back?

razelscnhaps

Reaction score
Hi,

I am in big trouble right now because I don't know if I must go with minoxidil (I am funny though, 8 days of minoxidil but the last two days, after apply it I ran into the shower to try to cancel it rhaaaaaaaaa I am going crazy.

I am in a diffuse way and the thing I want to know is how long hairs fallen with Telogen Effluvium should go back (if).
Is it more 6 months or a year (because I am on propecia since 4 months and my hair for most, leave me in last november/december so approx 5 / 6 months).

I already have acne on my face due to propecia so minoxidil is threatening.

(pics in this thread : http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...2-What-are-the-reasons-NOT-to-begin-minoxidil)

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Cher compatriote,
I think you're just going through finasteride related shed. When you start finasteride, you should just not look at your head for the next 10 months or so. Your body needs to adapt.
Annnnd it will grow back. I would recommend you not to hop on minoxidil now, but checking first how your hair evolves with finasteride only.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I don't get it. You started to shed 2 months before taking finasteride ? And you mention you had a surgery, how old is that ? (Explain in French if you want)

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Cher compatriote,
I think you're just going through finasteride related shed. When you start finasteride, you should just not look at your head for the next 10 months or so. Your body needs to adapt.
Annnnd it will grow back. I would recommend you not to hop on minoxidil now, but checking first how your hair evolves with finasteride only.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, I don't get it. You started to shed 2 months before taking finasteride ? And you mention you had a surgery, how old is that ? (Explain in French if you want)

It's been 10 months since my finasteride shed started, still waiting for it to end.