How many months in? finasteride or minoxidil Shed..

jassi12

Reaction score
Hello folks, I just wanted to make this thread to get a bit of an observation of when people on finasteride first saw their dread sheds coming in. So please post before if you've used either, as well as your dosage and every day or every other day?

I'd also like to know the same about minoxidil. The dosage and number of applications you've done would be very useful information to put.

If you cannot remember specific weeks, just put a rough estimate of the month in which you noticed.

Thank you, I'm sure if there is alot of contribution to this thread, it will be useful for alot of people looking to get onto treatments.

brian liles

Reaction score
I have been on propecia for 11 months and 7 days and my hair os way worse. my crown ihas thinned in the last 11 months. I still shed a lot of hair. I mean alot. Im thinking of avodart, but chances of that working are probably slim to non as well. this is so depressing.

K

kehcorpz

I noticed a shed about 4-5 months in. My hair was horrible. The shedding stopped. Then it started really bad again at around month 8 and subsided after 3 weeks or so. I also stopped Minoxidil 3 months ago as it was causing me far too many problems. I think it might have kept me in a constant Telogen Effluvium. I never shed after stopping minoxidil but I did have a lot of the hairs under my eyes disappear and all over my face and forehead, nose, etc.. And now in 2 days I would have finished 10 months of propecia and I'm finally starting to see it kicking in! I'm noticing tonnes of terminal hairs filling in my vertex and a bit at the front too. The front is also dropping in a lot of vellus hairs. They are extremely dense and cover a large area. If these go terminal my hairline will be awesome. So here's hoping!

Bob Chylan

Reaction score
kehcorpz said:
I noticed a shed about 4-5 months in. My hair was horrible. The shedding stopped. Then it started really bad again at around month 8 and subsided after 3 weeks or so. I also stopped Minoxidil 3 months ago as it was causing me far too many problems. I think it might have kept me in a constant Telogen Effluvium. I never shed after stopping minoxidil but I did have a lot of the hairs under my eyes disappear and all over my face and forehead, nose, etc.. And now in 2 days I would have finished 10 months of propecia and I'm finally starting to see it kicking in! I'm noticing tonnes of terminal hairs filling in my vertex and a bit at the front too. The front is also dropping in a lot of vellus hairs. They are extremely dense and cover a large area. If these go terminal my hairline will be awesome. So here's hoping!

are you talking about eyelashes or do you actually have hairs under your eyes?..

K

kehcorpz

Bob Chylan said:
kehcorpz said:

are you talking about eyelashes or do you actually have hairs under your eyes?..

I actually had tiny hairs growing under my eyes. Along with dark circles in that area. Rogaine messed me up! The skin has lightened and the hair stopped growing. It was only really noticeable in the right light but i never had it before and now that I stopped I don't have it anymore.