How many of you balding guys have good strength in this muscle?

dossan

Reaction score
Im talking about the back occipitalis muscle. Why is this muscle not mentioned more often in the studies of hair loss? I think it can have something to do with male pattern baldness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occipitalis_muscle

To you which have a little more knowledge than me. Why in the heck does that muscle even exist? Wikipedia says "The occipitalis muscle is innervated by the facial nerve and its function is to move the scalp back". What is the purpose of moving the scalp back? Is this the only muscle in the body which doesn't fulfills a function?

Please inform me, if anyone knows.

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
It has been discussed before. Search scalp exercises. I have been doing them for about a month or so a few times a week. Have noticed significant strengthening, especially in the back. Also helps with facial expressions if you're interested in that at all. It's what makes women fall in love with movie stars.:) Couldn't hurt.:pint:

Am I Too Pate

Reaction score
Tom Hagerty provides a pretty good explanation of his scalp exercise over on his hairloss reversible site. I managed to get the exercise down pat, but it took me about 2 months to learn how to do it properly! It ultimately didn't work for me, although I do have a new party trick (wriggling my ears). I ended up doing the exercise religiously for about a year in total (two months plus another 10 months after finally getting the hang of it); twice a day for ten minutes.

mcdowel967

Reaction score
It has been discussed before. Search scalp exercises. I have been doing them for about a month or so a few times a week. Have noticed significant strengthening, especially in the back.

Can u please suggest some exercises for that.. how much it is useful.. As i am suffering from a major hair loss in front side..which one is good for me ?

hairregrowth21

Established Member
Reaction score
Can u please suggest some exercises for that.. how much it is useful.. As i am suffering from a major hair loss in front side..which one is good for me ?

I would search for a more detailed write-up as they are out there. But basically it's moving the front part of your scalp forward and then moving the back part of your scalp upwards.

Also, wiggling your ears isn't the right muscle. It helps develop the right muscle at first and I was doing that a lot at first, however recently I have been able to isolate the muscle completely and move it with less attention or movement from the ears.

It's also recommended to follow this with alternating blinks and back scalp movement upwards. So, left eye blink, back scalp move up, right eye blink, back scalp move up, etc. I read somewhere that doing this 15-30 times can help build other related muscles as well.

Have you looked into dermarolling? It can really help tremendously boost the effectiveness of whatever methods work best for you (different for every person). I would also look through PrincessRambo and Squeegee's posts there as a source for quality info. One common misconception is only using Keto a few times a week for a few minutes at a time when you really can use a cream 4x a day as well as minoxidil 4x a day. Rambo grew back an inch of hairline in 2-3 months. Dermaroller is also great for any potential facial aging effects minoxidil may give off. I'm rambling here but find what works for you- there's a lot out there.

Good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I would search for a more detailed write-up as they are out there. But basically it's moving the front part of your scalp forward and then moving the back part of your scalp upwards.

Also, wiggling your ears isn't the right muscle. It helps develop the right muscle at first and I was doing that a lot at first, however recently I have been able to isolate the muscle completely and move it with less attention or movement from the ears.

It's also recommended to follow this with alternating blinks and back scalp movement upwards. So, left eye blink, back scalp move up, right eye blink, back scalp move up, etc. I read somewhere that doing this 15-30 times can help build other related muscles as well.

Have you looked into dermarolling? It can really help tremendously boost the effectiveness of whatever methods work best for you (different for every person). I would also look through PrincessRambo and Squeegee's posts there as a source for quality info. One common misconception is only using Keto a few times a week for a few minutes at a time when you really can use a cream 4x a day as well as minoxidil 4x a day. Rambo grew back an inch of hairline in 2-3 months. Dermaroller is also great for any potential facial aging effects minoxidil may give off. I'm rambling here but find what works for you- there's a lot out there.

Good luck.

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
Tom Hagerty provides a pretty good explanation of his scalp exercise over on his hairloss reversible site. I managed to get the exercise down pat, but it took me about 2 months to learn how to do it properly! It ultimately didn't work for me, although I do have a new party trick (wriggling my ears). I ended up doing the exercise religiously for about a year in total (two months plus another 10 months after finally getting the hang of it); twice a day for ten minutes.
lol