How much hair comes out when...

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
you slide your hand back and forth over your entire head. I get around 7-8 hairs everytime right AFTER a shower, shampoo and hair dry. :nono:

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
None, ever. Yet, I'm still balding.

What's the purpose of your question? Some people with perfect hair lose 100 a day.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score
Used to get about 10+ when drying with towel. But now, probably 5.

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
my hair has thickened up since on propecia and i still shed, but i think shedding is normal for me

if i run my hand thru my hair, about 0-3 fall out

after end of day shower, about 20-30

and i dont count what comes out during the day, prob a few here and there

point is...depends on how u were NORMALLY before the male pattern baldness hit. i am suspecting ihave alwyas shedded liek this..my old man is 60 years old, full head of hair and sheds lots of hair after a shower so i guess it runs in my family (except my male pattern baldness of course)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
None, ever. Yet, I'm still balding.

What's the purpose of your question? Some people with perfect hair lose 100 a day.

I am in the same shoes, I can rub my head really hard and hardly would any hair comes out. My top is still thinning while on treatment though.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I am very gentle with the hair directly on top of my scalp, when i brush it back with my hands ill get at least 2-3 hairs everytime, but im pretty rough with it at the back, sides and around the crown, the hair just seems to be tougher there! Maybe i shouldnt baby my frontal hairline so much and be a little more rough with it and it might toughen up a little. But having said that I still do run my hands through my hair but more hair comes out when it dirty of greasy. No hair comes loose right after its been washed and dried and i run my hands through it.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
ever since i started treatments i tend to rustle stray hairs off my head and sometimes i can end up with 30 or so but it doesnt mean anything.

like its been said,its normal to shed 100 a day , and even when ive thought 'oh my god im shedding' i remember its a good thing and also that my hair improves even when shedding