How much is Dr. Lee's finasteride (Proscar or Propecia)

misterium

Reaction score
.. Hi,

What is the cost of Dr. Lee's finasteride?

Does he offer Proscar and Propecia .. does he have a generic?

Thanks,
-misterium

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
831 Propecia, 30-1 mg tablets $51.00

I think I recall reading somewhere that he's not prescribing propecia to new patients - you have to be grandfathered in. I could be wrong though (hey, 1st time for everything :)

misterium

Reaction score
aw shitty, that's a few dollars cheaper than rite aid where i get mine.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
misterium said:
aw shitty, that's a few dollars cheaper than rite aid where i get mine.

are you a current dr. lee patient? if so, drop him a line. you might get lucky.

misterium

Reaction score
nope never ordered from him, i have only inquired.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
misterium said:

I just dropped $50 bucks for 15 proscar tabs ($35 for the tabs and $15 for S/H).

Cutting them into 4ths or 5ths and only using EOD makes it pretty cost effective.

misterium

Reaction score
I won't do Every Other Day with my finasteride intake. I'm pretty persistant and use my items religiously. I have had zero side effects also, so I just want to keep with my 1mg finasteride daily dose, and avoid any variance in my intake.

I take my finasteride at 8 a.m. daily, as I am very particular about having an empty stomach when taking finasteride.. even though I know better that it won't make a difference, I take a more ritualistic approach to these things regardless. :p

I have been using Proscar divided into 5ths for the past 2 months now, because I ran out of Propecia.. but it's time for me to get some more genuine Propecia because I'm not into the splitting and guessing dosage size thing. (I'm picky about things like that).

I'm not even going to touch minoxidil yet, however tempting it may be to fill in this visible left side crown thinning..

Instead, I'm going to use the products in my regimen for another year or so, THEN I may add minoxidil.

First and most importantly, I must END this irritation/itchiness in my thin spots!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying about the finasteride - and support your right to go that way :)

I'm sure you've heard me sing the praises of:

Iamin Hydrating Gel & 100% Pure Aloe Vera Oil.

A more drastic approach to the itchies would be Inflamil (gel and / or shampoo).

Emu Oil is also a great anti-inflammatory.

Have you tried any of the above?

Going offline till tomorrow. Have a great hair night.

misterium

Reaction score
Hi again,

Yeah bro I used Emu oil awhile back, and enjoyed it's soothing effects, but it didn't remove my itch. It may have helped though. I've been thinking of purchasing another bottle very soon.

I am using Inflamil right now, actually.. I received my bottle on the 29th and have been just using it liberally during the day, and leaving it on overnight. I like the way the menthol feels! I'm not sure if I'll use it again after this first bottle is finished.

I am probably not using it according to the website's instructions, however I feel that Inflamil, like Tricomin, is to be used whenever one feels like it. :~o

I am going to keep up with my 2x weekly Nizoral and 2x weekly T/Gel, and drop my T/Sal use for awhile. I use TRESemme shampoo and conditioner on off days. I condition after every shampoo.

I want to look into the Iamin Hydrating Gel & 100% Pure Aloe Very Oil. How do I apply these? I have a lot of hair still so I prefer medicine droppers.

-misterium

SE-freak

Reaction score
Occasional olive oil application could do the trick. If you feel like giving it a shot-that is.

misterium

Reaction score
-------------------
SE-freak wrote:
"Occasional olive oil application could do the trick. If you feel like giving it a shot-that is."
--------------------

I'm Italian, trust me I WILL give it a shot ;)

... I'd probably bath in the stuff if I had enough to fill a tub :D

SE-freak

Reaction score
misterium said:
-------------------
SE-freak wrote:
"Occasional olive oil application could do the trick. If you feel like giving it a shot-that is."
--------------------

I'm Italian, trust me I WILL give it a shot ;)

... I'd probably bath in the stuff if you tell me it's good for my skin :D

Una fatsa una ratsa. :)

It worked wonders for me. But my irritation was due to minoxidil. I firmly believe it is very beneficial for skin. I have been using it on my face for a long time. Excellent. Try using it as an after-shave just dont use too much.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Dave001 said:
hair_tomorrow said:
misterium said:

I just dropped $50 bucks for 15 proscar tabs ($35 for the tabs and $15 for S/H).

Cutting them into 4ths or 5ths and only using EOD makes it pretty cost effective.

Finasteride 5 mg * 30 tabs - $34.95

QHI and Masters Marketing both carry finasteride (Merck) at about half of the price you paid.
Thanks Dave - I'll look into them for next time.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
. . . I want to look into the Iamin Hydrating Gel & 100% Pure Aloe Very Oil. How do I apply these? I have a lot of hair still so I prefer medicine droppers.

-misterium

They're both gels - but neither of them really wreck your hair too bad after applying. If you just apply 4 dabs or so - you can think of it as a styling gel.

Talk about a soothing sensation on your scalp - they both provide immediate cooling relief for scalp irritation. If your condition is really bad though - it might take longer. The aloe is pretty inexpensive, the iamin is a bit pricier - but more geared toward the healing process. It's used for burns and as a wound dressing (plus its got the added benefit of being a copper peptide).

Just place a dab on your fingertip and work it into the areas you need. Yea - you'll end up w/ some in your hair.

I used to save them both as my last application of the evening - and would work in 7 dabs across my entire scalp before bed. (I've since switched to emu oil - never used it before and thought I'd give it a shot.)

Good luck Misterium.