How much Rogaine should I spray on?

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
I threw away the instruction booklet for my Rogaine, and then a month went by without me using it - and now I can't remember how many times I should push the spray-head to get 1ml. x_x

Bert

Established Member
Reaction score
5 times

former

Reaction score
strange.... mine says 8 sprays to achive 1ml.. Maybe becoz its a different brand ?? Not sure either :roll:

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't spray it on at all, apply with a dropper. If you spray it on, you will be wasting a lot of it on the hair. It needs to be on the scalp to be effective. Apply whatever it takes to cover the area on which you are applying it, usually about 1 ml per application.

tzed2

Reaction score
hey mine is Equate from Wal-Mart and says 1ml, so 5-8 pumps? Is this needed to grow hair in a single area? Or is this the maximum you should use on your body? for example would i need to use 1ml on area X, and then 1ml on area A to achieve good hair regrowth in both areas? or is 1ml sufficient spread over both area A and X? Or do you apply just enough to make an area wet? Thank you :)

pbz

Established Member
Reaction score
mvpsoft said:
Don't spray it on at all, apply with a dropper. If you spray it on, you will be wasting a lot of it on the hair. It needs to be on the scalp to be effective. Apply whatever it takes to cover the area on which you are applying it, usually about 1 ml per application.

I'm shaved. 8)

be001g

Reaction score
Every company makes produces a sprayer with a different metered dosage. A spray of brand X is not necessarily the same amount as a spray of brand Y.

My tip: Call the toll free number on the side of the bottle and explain the situation. Either they can tell you straight out or fax/send you a new instruction sheet. Or buy another bottle of the same brand and keep the instruction sheet this time around.