how much shedding did you experience??

circleoflife

Reaction score
i really want to get on the big 3 to grow back some hair and confidence. but i read at the beginning there is a "shedding" period. i dont think my self-esteem can take anymore shedding than there already is....

so how much shedding did you experience when you first started and how long did it last?

goingon24

Reaction score
Im 2 months in on rogaine (didn't start finasteride till today) and have to say that i always start shedding at about the 2-3 weeks mark. Im still shedding now but it seemed like it was slowing down till i had to stop for 7 days while i was out of town and then it started to shed alot and my scalp got itchy.

Sooo, i figure in acouple weeks my shed rate will be back to where it was and stabilizing next month. I seem to respond super fast to rogaine shed wise but i haven't stuck on it past 2 months so im not sure if im a good responder for regrowth to. I'll find out this time.

Anyways yeah, I just compared a pic of my scalp compared to 2 months ago and its visible there is more scalp showing but i mean its worth the try because if I don't stop it now i'll have nothings years later :thumbdown2:

kc444

Established Member
Reaction score
You can probably expect visible shedding, but I think you'll be the only one who will notice honestly. I'm at week 9 on minoxidil and I'm already better than baseline. Either you deal with the stress of the month or two of shedding now or you can stress about having no hair for the rest of your life by not doing anything.

FiniMin

Reaction score
You may shed but it the shedded hair almost always grows back whereas the hair that falls out when your not on meds doesn't grow back. Keep what you have by going on meds. Chances are, it can only help.