How much would a hair piece improve my appearance? New pics.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I will probably try a hair piece while I am out in South Korea. I've read that they make very realistic ones over there. At the moment I have a grade 0 buzzcut, and while I have no problems with it, I think it would be cool to see what I look like with hair again.

I looked through my facebook photos and I have actually worn a wig before. Here's what I look like now versus the wig:

Close-up.jpg

Hair.jpg

I'm not sure you can tell much from that photo, but how much do you think an hair piece would improve my appearance?

Update

I actually found a cool website (taaz.com) that let me try some new hairstyles.

First the balding before pic:

Me.jpg

How I might look with a piece:

Lego Man

LegoMan.jpg

Mop

Mop.jpg

Henchman

Henchman.jpg

Indie Boy

IndieBoy.jpg

Emo

Emo.jpg

Anime

Anime.jpg

Pocahontas

Pocohontas.jpg

Rasta

Rasta.jpg

Gaga

Gaga.jpg

Which one would suit me best?

cuebald

Reaction score
Re: How much would a hair piece improve my appearance?

Easily a +4 bro. Chicks dig the retro disco look.

Lose the facial hair though bro, every Norwood knows that stuff's just compensation.

:mrgreen:

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
For me better is your current look or the indie boy, probably because all these are too artificial to look good on your head.

Grimoire

Reaction score
I assume you're kidding because all of those options look awful. There are a couple of legitimate sites that can "add hair" to your pic to give you an idea of what you would really look like. But the simple truth is that you're a nice-looking guy and would look even better with a high quality hair system.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, looking at them now they look pretty fake, but it was good to get a general idea. The most realistic one I've managed to make is this one:

Passport.jpg

I don't think I'd ever choose to wear a toupee with that style though.

andrei_eremenko

Experienced Member
Reaction score
just try one...and you 'll see what you have posted there is way too far from reality! you will look how you look when you had hair!

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Legendary thread!

On a serious note, you look great shaved in the top pic, you have a very nice smile.

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Get a very thin/low density hair piece. They are pretty much the only ones that look natural.

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
:woot: great post and very funny!I think it is very much tongue in cheek but if you are serious about getting a hairpiece when you are out in South Korea then you are perfectly correct in your assumption that they are indeed light years ahead in the wig making department!
Also if you do be sure to post your results and any contact details etc.. up here for us guys to have a look.

CCS

Reaction score
When I first saw the shaved head, I though, "looks good enough. don't mess with a wig". Then I saw the pics with the hair. You look better/younger with the hair, even those horribly placed mops. Get a well placed good piece and it will make a huge difference. Just a matter of hassle, and fear of up close inspection, and limitations in the shower with a woman and long camping trips.