How often should I use revita?

DesertFox

Reaction score
It says it should be used 5 times a week at least but it contains ketoconazole so won't it fry my hair if i use it that often? What kind of routine should I follow while using revita? Also what conditioner do you all recommend?

DesertFox

Reaction score
Anyone that can help me out? With nizoral it is advised to be used every 3 to 4 days but with revita it says to use at least 5 times a week. My concern is that revita has ketoconazole so it will fry my hair won't it ? Should I just purchase a high quality conditioner to use afterwrds or should I use revita like nizoral?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't fry your hair! They want you to use Revita 5 times a week so you will have to buy more! 2-3 times, max! Don't expect miracles, though. I am still waiting to see Nizoral put claims on their bottles of shampoo that it regrows hair, or can regrow hair!

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
47thin said:
Don't fry your hair! They want you to use Revita 5 times a week so you will have to buy more! 2-3 times, max! Don't expect miracles, though. I am still waiting to see Nizoral put claims on their bottles of shampoo that it regrows hair, or can regrow hair!

Legally the manufacturer cannot do that. It hasn't been approved by the FDA for that purpose.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DesertFox said:
Anyone that can help me out? With nizoral it is advised to be used every 3 to 4 days but with revita it says to use at least 5 times a week. My concern is that revita has ketoconazole so it will fry my hair won't it ? Should I just purchase a high quality conditioner to use afterwrds or should I use revita like nizoral?
DesertFox said:

It won't fry your hair. It's not actually Ketoconazole in Nizoral that dries out the hair. The sulphates and other ingredients do, Revita is free of SLS. I reccomend using it 5 times a week. If you don't follow the instructions on the product then you shouldn't use it.

From my experience if I suffer inflammation on the days I don't use Revita, therefore I believe it is vital to use everyday. Unfortunately I seem to have some sort of an allergic reaction if I use it consistently for a prolonged period (22 days straight), this includes facial swelling and redness. I seem to absorb the Ketoconazole quite efficiently through the skin which is not something I want, it seems to have messed with my testosterone levels. Therefore I use it 2 days in a row and then take the third day off. This seems to work quite well. I always follow with a high quality conditioner after any shampooing, so yes I recommend conditioning.

evolutionary

Reaction score
I have used it 5 days a week (M-F) since September 09 and have had 0 problems with it. I actually really like the stuff as a shampoo if not a hair treatment option, and it's just about the same price as a big bottle of Nizoral too, so when my nizoral runs out, I will probably just use Revita as my sole Keto source. As it is now, I use nizoral as my pre-wash to Revita three times a week; the other two times I just use a regular shampoo as my prewash.