How soon did u realize u are losing hair?

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
I notice it within 2 weeks. i.e 2 weeks of rapid hair loss to the point where it is detectable (by me). Just wondering if there are cases of male pattern baldness that is this rapid.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Thing is, realising when your losing your hair is different to how long you may have been losing your hair. You may have noticed in the last fortnight, but, this process may have been happening one to two years before the realisatiion set in. Have you looked back at old photos and checked your hair out over the last few years?

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. In my case, I believe there is a gradual but unnoticeble loss for the past 2 years. But when it went into full swing, its so sudden.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I dont think you can say how long you were lossing your hair for because your not noticing your hair growth so you dont know where you start. The only reason I notice was the fact that I saw my older brother lossing hair and look at mine and was looking at celebrities. Which I notice my hairline was looking bad. Which I waited until I could not take it anymore and got on Propecia. But my hair was not that bad from the start but I have fine hair so it's more noticeable than thicker hair.

jrg

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm... mine is diffuse thinning, not receding. Guess that's the difference.

FormerEgo

Reaction score
I noticed mine after I looked at my head after seeing my 20 year old cousin with hardly anything on the top of his head. I am way better off than he is at this point, knock on wood.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i don't know how long ive been loosing it but i noticed i had a high hair line and it took me about 2 months to get to the doctor and firgure out is was male pattern baldness....the hair line stayed the same for those 2 months, i just never thought about this kind of thing before. However im glad i picked it up relativly early im a Norwood 2/3....and if i go bald, then i go bald, no big deal but there aint no f*****g way im going down without a fight

KK

Reaction score
I don't think male pattern baldness is that rapid within 2 weeks. However I do think the shedd can be that rapid, notable and detectable within 2 weeks.

G

I noticed it it in my mid 20's. I turn 36 in a couple of months and I still have most of my hair. I can remember saying to myself, I'm going to be bald next year, but it never happens. I think I just got the really slow balding gene. finasteride has put a stop to that though :)