How to apply minoxidil to difficult areas

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Just recently I made the transition from the spray to the dropper. I realized in order to achieve maximum results I'd have to apply minoxidil twice a day, everyday, like I was before. This just wasn't possible using the spray because it makes your hair look like a mess. So I started using the dropper and it's going great but the one thing i'm having trouble with is applying it to the corner of my hairline. At the area where the surface of your head begins to slope downwards is where I'm most thin. The problem I'm having is everytime I try to apply it to that area it just drips down the side of my head. Obviously this is very frustertaing because it's getting all over my hair. Any of you found a good way to tackle this problem?

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
As soon as I apply it, I rub it in with my fingers. Makes me feel like I'm getting a more even distribution, and I don't lose any off the sides.

I now have gigantic gorilla hands, but I think it's worth it. :wink:

cg2

Reaction score
where do you get the spray I have not seen it--Im new

TortoiseAndHair said:
As soon as I apply it, I rub it in with my fingers. Makes me feel like I'm getting a more even distribution, and I don't lose any off the sides.

cg2

Reaction score
Re: where do you get the spray I have not seen it--Im new

cg2 said:
TortoiseAndHair said:

I have never seen the spray, where do you get it?

The Gardener

Reaction score
Kramer, I try to use smaller droplets on the corner area... and when it does drip down, I do work it back into my affected area with my fingers.

Of course, this is just for my evening application.. in the mornings, I use the Dr Lee and don't touch it at all, just let it dry. This requires a few minutes of being absolutely still to allow the substance to get a grip onto the scalp.

cg2, unless you are completely bald, or have a bald spot, I would not recommend the sprayer. The idea of using a sprayer to apply minoxidil to hair seems counterintuitive, wasteful, and just plain stupid. Keep in mind that any minoxidil you spray onto your hair does no good. It has to hit the scalp. So, spraying the hair would, I would think, waste a lot of minoxidil and make you look like a Greasehead.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried to use smaller drops on the corner of my hairline and it didn't drip nearly as much.
As for the spray, I think it's convienant to use on the crown and as gardener said bald spots, although I dont really have any pure bald spots.