How to conceal hair transplant

mathkid

Reaction score
I suppose that the doctors will shave your head before they go with hair transplant. Then with all those scars and everything, isn't it pretty clear to people around you that you just had a hair transplant job done?

Any insights on this. Thanks.

KP211

Established Member
Reaction score
I had fue done and they shaved the sides and back but did not have to shave the top of my head it took about two weeks for me to heal in the donor area and about three in a half weeks for scabs to shed in recipient area I let them fall on their own you dont want to force that. Its been about a month and a half and you wouldnt be able to tell I had anything done and I keep my hair cut with a one guard around sides and back and a #8 gaurd on top. Was able to wear hat to work, I would start wearing one now if your allowed to let your coworkers get used to you wearing a hat. But if your worried about healing time would def recommend fue, heals quicker no need for stitches and you can wear your hair short still after

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
if your willing to wait a while you could always think about getting the Acell procedure that way you will have no scarring at all. Its still early days for this procedure but it could be something to think about.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Just to throw it out there, but why not just tell people?

I'm genuinely curious as to why people keep it a secret.

mathkid

Reaction score
I'm a college student. 27 year old.

Will do some research work during the summer (June - August inclusive), but take no more classes. One of my officemates is my competitor both in school and in girls; I have a feeling that he may spread the rumor and badmouth me.

And I cannot imagine I won't have any social activities during those days, say for example dine out with friends and girls....

I guess this is a trade-off I have to make.

I'm in NW3, if I get a hair transplant, people around me will notice that I just had a hair transplant, right?

s.a.f

Reaction score
mathkid said:
I'm in NW3, if I get a hair transplant, people around me will notice that I just had a hair transplant, right?

If you can conceal the evidence (ie the healing process) for 2/3 weeks then its possible to get away with it, because the hair does'nt begin to grow for 3months then only comes in as fine/thin hair until it begins to mature. And it does'nt suddenly all come in at once because each follicle is at a different stage of the growth cycle.
I went from being a NW6!!! and it was'nt obvious. At first I kept it short then the more hair came in the longer I grew it out. It takes well over a year to see the end result. As long as you can avoid the first few weeks when you have the scabs and redness on your head. It just appears that your hair is slowly getting thicker and thicker.
And as a Norwood 3 the change will be much more subtle for you.

This is the obvious advantage of hair transplant's over wigs.