How to feel comfortable with short/shaved hair

TerrySmith94

Reaction score
I'm 20 years and my hairline is already receding it looks terrible! I've always wanted long hair but that's impossible now with my hairline as the hair will blow in the wind and leave gaps where my hair should be. I found one way to style my hair that kinda hides my receding hairline but it's quite hard to style as I have to gel my hair and then wait for the gel to go soft before combing over my hair go cover the gaps. I did have a buzz cut style before but I never liked it and I feel ugly when my hair is short plus I had 3 people at college comment how bad my hairline was. I only really feel comfortable when I have spiked hair I feel attractive in myself. I've always told myself I would go for a shaved look if I could grow a beard and I can't I see people younger than me with facial hair and it annoys me because if I could grow a beard I wouldn't even have a shaved look I'll go fully bald.

Anyway, here are 3 pictures of my hairline I've literally just got my haircut (today) and took these pictures today as well. Please let me know your thoughts

nl7upz.png
e06742.png
2dccnpj.png

shookwun

Reaction score
for the positive side of things, hair looks to be healthy, and you look like you'd be a good responder to finasteride, and min. These medication will maintain, and even strengthen existing hair.

do this until you can afford a hair transplant, and your life will be restored.

Dont neglect and hold off on finasteride. Right now it looks like a good foundation for medication to work on, but the longer you wait the further male pattern baldness progresses, within itself the quality of hair depreciates also.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
You're temples have receded yes but on the plus side where you have hair still looks pretty thick, id say you'd be a good responder to meds if you get on them.

TerrySmith94

Reaction score
I'm quite annoyed atm, yesterday when I got my haircut I told the guy what I wanted (short on top/back so I can spike it, and leave the sides the way they are) I leave the sides long because I comb them over to cover the gaps on temples. Twice! he asked me what number do I want on the sides and both times I told him not to touch them well he has gone and shortened them, I thought maybe it's because he put gel in it and thats why I had gaps no not even with my hairstyle that kinda covers the gaps. Idiot! Wish he could atleast speak English so now my receding hairline is more obvious.

Doesn't help either when both my parents tell me I should just except my hairline then call me stupid when I say I'll go bald then.

So angry.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Dont neglect and hold off on finasteride. Right now it looks like a good foundation for medication to work on, but the longer you wait the further male pattern baldness progresses, within itself the quality of hair depreciates also.

This!!! Many young guys hold off thinking finasteride will not help them regrow their hair line, but even if it doesn't, you still have a good amount of hair. I know at your age 10 years from now seems like an eternity, but trust me it isn't. If you can maintain your current hair line into your 30's or maybe even 40's you would still look pretty damn good.

TerrySmith94

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm going to give that a try but I was curious what would you guys say would be a good hairstyle to have with that hairline? A couple months back I had a buzzcut with spiked hair (I had to comb forward hairs on the temple) It looked alright but I hated the temple part and the fact that it didn't look good from the sides.