How To Find A Qualified Transplant Doctor?

G

How do I go about finding a qualified hair transplant doctor? I've got some really bad thinning in the frontal area, and while I don't think surgery is necessary quite yet, I can see it being that way in a few years. When I initially heard about FUT and FUE surgery, I thought it sounded like a great (eventual) option...but then I read some horror stories online about doctors who didn't do a good job, scam artists, and...well, lots of bad stuff.

Perhaps needless to say, I don't want to put my hair in the hands of someone who isn't good or isn't honest. What steps should I take to ensure that I find a qualified transplant doctor? Is there some sort of list somewhere of accredited transplant doctors, or do I just pick a doctor and take a chance?

s.a.f

Reaction score
The only thing you have to do is research on this and other forums.
Learn about the procedures and see actual documented cases, this way you will find out who the reliable Dr's are.
It will take time but you will see the same 'big names' being mentioned again and again by dozens or 100's of people.
Any Dr can say he's the best they can even show you 1 or 2 examples on their websites but unless they can show you 50+ good examples and arrange for you to meet with former patients they are not one of the best.

sc64

Reaction score
TheBlackPaladin said:
Is there some sort of list somewhere of accredited transplant doctors, or do I just pick a doctor and take a chance?

Here's a few that get good reviews,Dr.Rahal,The Shapiro Brothers,(Hasson&Wong just strips),Dr.Feller,T&D Clinic, these names seem to come up about every day on most of the forums alone with some others,most forum have a recommend list of doctors.

Go to all the forums and spend time looking at reviews and pics and take your time never take a chance on just picking one or one that's in your area if he's not reputable or has a bad history you could set yourself up for some repair work and more money out of pocket if not done right the first time and cutting into any other work you might need as you age and lose more hair,tp for the most part (unless your lucky) are never one and done.