How to get quicker results from Finasteride - My Theory

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: It is a theory and although I haven't tested it yet, STILL it makes the most sense to me.

One thing noted about hairloss is that it happens in cycles i.e. the follicle gets thinner at the END of the cycle. Now when we get on finasteride, the DHT reducation in the body happens in few days (< 3 days). However, the hair follicle is minitaurized and probably still in the extending catagen/telogen phase. It's not until it goes back into the anagen phase that it will thicken up again. And these catagen & teleogen phases on balding scalp take several months (6+)!. The only reasonable way to put a follicle back into anagen phase is by plucking/waxing the hair. Whenever, you pluck a hair on your body the follicle receives a shock and starts producing hair Within few days. The interesting thing is that as a result of plucking the hair follicle goes through the process of cell death and Regenerates, it just doesn't start producing new hair from same bulb!

Therefore, I believe that to speed up results from taking finas or similar dht-inhibitor, one should wax/pluck the thinning hairs of his scalp. It obviously isn't possible for everyone BUT anyone who is on finasteride and maybe shaving their NW2- head could try it on an area close to temples and see if they get any benefit from it.

Any thoughts, comments???

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This has been discussed before. Plucking head hair stresses the follicle and causes it to produce smaller, weaker hairs.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
This has been discussed before. Plucking head hair stresses the follicle and causes it to produce smaller, weaker hairs.

Can you please provide a link to the previous discussion??

As of stressing hair, it happens if you do it For Years! Doing it once or twice isn't going to harm it. If that were the case then waxing/plucking body hair will lead to permanent hair removal after few treatments.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It was a while back and I can't really be bothered to go wading through millions of posts. Plucking scalp hair will not improve the condnition of your hair.

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
I always thought the exact same thing. Pluck the hair out along with the bulb, allow the follicle to regenerate a new bulb, hopefully the new bulb won't be effected by so much DHT because of finasteride or dutasteride, HAIR!

I have absolutely no idea about any previous discussions, but iamnaked's been here forever, so.. Again, I have no idea..

brentx

Established Member
Reaction score
Nah, just along the hairline.. And yes, I can imagine some people doing this..

FreeloaderUK

Established Member
Reaction score
well im already showing the first signs of regrowth along the hairline 3months into treatment. its early days yet but a damn sight better than plucking id bet.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^^You resurrected a thread that has been dead for two years just to post something completely irrelevant ?

TEDDYRUXPIN

Established Member
Reaction score
Plucking hair does actually result in thinning and it will actually result in slower growth of the hair.

Easy example is to just look at women who pluck their eyebrows.

If you are serious about this, how about shaving the hair?

Hoppi

Reaction score
Not a bad little theory, but I think there are a fair few things that "shock" hair into anagen. minoxidil for one, Spectral RS claims to, copper peptides.. I do like the theory though :)

hopingforhair

Reaction score
Wow, you'd need to have balls the size of ... don't know how big really ... but they'd need to be big ... imagine plucking out the very same hair I've been carefully bringing back through years of maintenance ...

Well, maybe just in a small area to test, but still ... ?!?!