how to get started?

noneother

Reaction score
Hi guys

Never worn a system before and given up on restoring my hair...how do I begin? Should I join a hair club first?

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
DO NOT JOIN ANY HAIR CLUB OR ANY OTHER CONTRACT FOR HAIR!!!!
My best advice would be to trawl this and other hair forums and get as much info as you possably can from them.
Then it all comes down to where you get your piece from.
Everyone has their own preferences but they always boil down to a handful of suppliers who,by and large, give you a good service.
Just remember that you will never get perfect,but you will get near as dammit!!
The key to it all is communication with your supplier.
Let them know exactly what you want to achieve and provide photos of styles etc and also your own head of naturaly growing hair to determine as close as possable what your density is.
Have a good look around here and elsewhere as i have suggested and then start asking as many questions as you like.

machman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have never, ever, came across anyone who suffered scaring from using adhesives?
All very strange indeed????
Always beware of companies trying to scare you with false or over exagerated conditions to promote their own agendas!
I have worn for years and know of guys who have worn for a lot,lot longer,25 years plus,and they have never ever had any scaring issues!
You might get a skin reaction from certain glues or tapes but that is down to what your own body chemistry is.
Much like anything else you put on your skin,soap,shampoo etc...
And that certainly doesn't leave any long term effects to deal with either,you just find a glue or tape that agrees with you and the glues and tapes,especially the white glues,have no harmful ingerdients at all.
Don't let that site put you off from wearing though!

jacson

Reaction score
DO NOT JOIN ANY HAIR CLUB OR ANY OTHER CONTRACT FOR HAIR!!!!

I repeated that because it is soooo true.
I am not sure if I should list who I get mine from, but if a mod is reading this edit out anything not allowed.

I get mine at http://www/directhair.net

he is a friend and a great guy, he can help you, it's cheap and he will make sure you get what you need. he isn't just a "fill out the form" kind of person he will take the time to get it right.

that said, you should consult forums to see who everyone recommends, there are some great sellers out there.
good luck and post any questions you might have :)