how to make spironolactone cream or soulotion

antonio666

Reaction score
can somebody tell me how to make spironolactone cream or a soulotion,bear in mind my chemistry knowledge is basic,only people who know please advise

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Okay..

Buy some Cetaphil cream
Buy some spironolactone (100mg)

Figure out a percent you want(3-5%)

I believe there's an 8 oz container (about 250g) of cetaphil.

10 spironolactone = 1 g
1g = 0.4% (1/250)

5g (50 spironolactone 100mg) = 2.0% (5g/250g)

CCS

Reaction score
the math is right. I don't know if the cetaphil is a good vehicle or not. That is $15 plus the cetaphil for 250mL. Cost depends on use.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
the math is right. I don't know if the cetaphil is a good vehicle or not. That is $15 plus the cetaphil for 250mL. Cost depends on use.
That is my biggest concern as well with the spironolactone cream i've made. The cetaphil does appear to be waxy (petroleum?) but does contain water alcohol and other carriers.

I added 2oz of emu oil to my mixture hoping this would help carry everything effectively

CCS

Reaction score
emu oil pushes stuff through if you apply it afterwards. But becaues spironolactone is fat soluble, the emu oil may be good stuff.

Matgallis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rambo said:
Matgallis said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
That is my biggest concern as well with the spironolactone cream i've made. The cetaphil does appear to be waxy (petroleum?) but does contain water alcohol and other carriers.

I added 2oz of emu oil to my mixture hoping this would help carry everything effectively
Your not 100% but you recommend it anyway? Good stuff .. :roll:
Nothing is 100%. You're in "experimental treatments" for a reason.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Here's a repeated paragraph in Doctor Proctor's patents: (This one is for Tempo)

Suitable water-in-oil emulsions are commercially available under the designations Aquaphor, cold cream, Eucerin, hydrous lanolin, Hydrosorb hydrophilic petrolatum, Nivea, Polysorb, Qualatum and Velvachol. Suitable oil-in-water emulsions are available commercially under the designations acid mantle cream, Almay emulsion cream, Cetaphil, Dermabase, Dermavan, hydrophilic ointment, Keri cream, Lubriderm cream, Multibase cream, Neobase cream, Unibase cream, Vanibase cream and Wibi. The carrier may further contain various other emollients, emulsifiers, water, perfumes, colorants, preservatives, and the like. The topical formulation is in the form of a cream, lotion, shampoo, cream rinse, or the like.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Doctor Proctor is just giving you a partial list of the creams you can use to mix stuff into.

The sentence before the sentence I put in bold letters, gives you a partial list of lotions you can use to put stuff into.

(I call water in oil concoctions a lotion. Probably not correct, but that's how I differentiate oil in water concoctions (i.e., "true" creams to me) from water in oil concoctions.)

Not very scientific but it allows my layman's mind to separate the two.