How to moisturize the scalp?

kilton

Reaction score
Hi,

Mediciated shampoos like Nizoral and T/Gel seem to dry out my scalp a bit. Does anyone have any scalp moisturizing techniques that they can share?

Cassin

Reaction score
kilton said:
Hi,

Mediciated shampoos like Nizoral and T/Gel seem to dry out my scalp a bit. Does anyone have any scalp moisturizing techniques that they can share?

TIGI Bed Head: Moisture Maniac.

Best there is. It's like pouring lotion on your scalp. Leave it in for 2 to 5 minutes. Go to a salon and pick some up in bulk 1/2 to 1 liter for $10 to $25. It's way over priced at grocery stores. I use 4 times a week and it has done wonders.

misterium

Reaction score
Emu oil. Any 'certified' brand.

Heat the bottle up in hot water.. this will 'thin' the viscous oil and make application easier. Use a small amount in a medicine dropper. Apply.

The warmed oil will absorb really fast and sooth your skin. It is also an anti-inflamitory.

kilton

Reaction score
Thanks folks. Do you use this stuff before shampooing, or after? And for the Emu oil: do you need to rinse it off or does it all absorb?

misterium

Reaction score
Shampoo & Condition.

Then apply to a dry / semi-dry scalp. It will absorb.

Same goes for Folligen if you use Copper Peptides.

After you clean your scalp.. and it's fairly dry, then use.

Do not rinse. Do it before bed just give it enough time to absorb so it doesn't drip.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Not sure if you're using conditioner but if your not, you should start. I also find that using "better" shampoos and conditioners has worked for me. ALways condition after using nizoral too.