how to take vitamins

CCS

Reaction score
Some vitamins have co-factors that are needed to get their good benifits. I think C is one of them. While eating oranges is good, mega doses of ascorbic acid might not help you. There are bioflavonoids that might be needed with the vitamin C, and are what color the fruits. At http://www.beyond-a-century.com, they have 180 tablets with 1000mg of ascorbic acid/calcium salt and 500 mg of citrus bioflavonoids, for $14. That is what I'm getting. I think lef.orgs vitamins are BS. They have very high doses, but no bioflavonoids and it is only a 2 month supply. My cheap multi-vitamin, which is 1/5 the dose, has 300 capsules.

Just don't overdose on iron or vitamin A, and get a mix of Vit E, not just the synthetic alpha isomer, and if you get a mega dose of C, get the flavonoids with it, and you should be fine. Yeah, and cut the pills up and take them throughout the day with food.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Or, just get a bottle of Centrum and call it a day.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS, do you know much about Glyconutrients?

Apparently they are essential for cell to cell communication and a lack there of also effects the ability for vitamin and minerals to truely work and god knows what else.

CCS

Reaction score
never heard of them. But my cells seem to be functioning, so I must have some.