How well does Ru58841 work?

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
I have my Ru powder all ready too make up, I currently use minoxidil morning and night, nizoral shampoo twice weekly and caffeine shampoo. Topical Cetirizine at night. I had good results from these but it's not enough as my hair is thinning again. I tried Finasteride but got side effects so had to stop. The next best thing I heard about that was relatively safe was Ru58841 and that it tended to have less instance of side effects because it was applied topically. but can anyone vouch for its effectiveness and am I going to have to continue researching too find something else to stop the hairloss or am I safe with these things? The next thing I was going too research and attempt was setipiprant.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have my Ru powder all ready too make up, I currently use minoxidil morning and night, nizoral shampoo twice weekly and caffeine shampoo. Topical Cetirizine at night. I had good results from these but it's not enough as my hair is thinning again. I tried Finasteride but got side effects so had to stop. The next best thing I heard about that was relatively safe was Ru58841 and that it tended to have less instance of side effects because it was applied topically. but can anyone vouch for its effectiveness and am I going to have to continue researching too find something else to stop the hairloss or am I safe with these things? The next thing I was going too research and attempt was setipiprant.

you're on the right path man. Unfortunately, no one can actually give you legit advice on these things, other than try them and see if they work. personally, finasteride destroyed my hair like I was going through chemo. RU doesn't seem to be helping at all, however, it's only been about 4 months. try something, stick with it, if it works, that's awesome, if it doesn't move on. :)

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn,

Reading your posts makes me wonder if androgens / androgen receptors are indeed the only mechanism for baldness.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Buckthorn,

Reading your posts makes me wonder if androgens / androgen receptors are indeed the only mechanism for baldness.

good observation. makes me wonder too. I know they play a role for a lot of people, as people have overcome baldness by simply using finasteride/dutasteride, but for others it's not so simple. I have legit dutasteride arriving in the mail soon. I will be using .5mg dutasteride and 5% ru everyday, along with 5% liquid minoxidil and dermarolling. I know for fact, this regimen does not work for certain people, and I wouldn't be shocked if I was one of them.

It's surprising and kind of disappointing that the go to mantra for Androgenetic Alopecia is "no DHT, no baldness". Then, on top of that, people claim dutasteride's and ru's legitimacy like it's the word of God. YET, I have seen several accounts of people on both who still lose hair, or EVEN WORST, lose hair at a faster rate than if they were on NOTHING all together. Oh well.. no one can blame me when I call bull**** on everything, because everything to me is literally bullsh*t.

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU works for many people. As with anything you will need at least 6 months minimum to see if it works. Any change to a regimen has the potential to cause shedding which will always make you doubt efficacy. My advice is to come up with a regimen that covers a few different bases, which you seem to be doing, and stick to it for a year.

julien1200

Established Member
Reaction score
RU works for many people. As with anything you will need at least 6 months minimum to see if it works. Any change to a regimen has the potential to cause shedding which will always make you doubt efficacy. My advice is to come up with a regimen that covers a few different bases, which you seem to be doing, and stick to it for a year.

HI JGray,

Do you think a combination of dutasteride and finasteride is better than dutasteride alone ?

Have you consider seti ? MY regimen is similar to your except I mix the RU in neogenic.
BUT i consider switch from RU to Seti....

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
do you think the topical ceterizine really works?

jgray201

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HI JGray,

Do you think a combination of dutasteride and finasteride is better than dutasteride alone ?

Have you consider seti ? MY regimen is similar to your except I mix the RU in neogenic.
BUT i consider switch from RU to Seti....

Hi Julien,
I already use a 1% OC solution which is supposedly stronger that seti, which i dissolve in neogenic.