how well does spironolactone work?

Jm0311

Reaction score
just asking the people that have been using it...is it like minoxidil where it cause shedding?

Jm0311

Reaction score
yea i havent heard anything on that

do u just apply it at night before bed?

its just basically a topical dht blocker right?

would it be wise to use this with finasteride? or just wait?

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
usmcmarine083 said:

I've been using spironolactone for over a month now. I'd say it's working since my temples are filling in. But I'm also using Rogaine Foam, so I can't give it too much credit. And yes, spironolactone Cream is a topical DHT blocker. It would be wise to use it with finasteride (that makes for the ultimate regimen). But you should hold off on spending any further money as finasteride is powerful alone. I'd only suggest adding that in if your hair loss is quite aggressive, and/or if the results from finasteride aren't that good.

Try not to add too much to your regimen, because then you won't know what products are working and what products are ineffective for you.

beaner

Reaction score
usmcmarine083 said:

Wow dude. I'm not trying to get on your case or anything, but you've had this same discussion in about 90 different threads. Why do you keep starting new threads and asking the same questions over and over again? These answers have all been given to you in one form or another over the past couple of weeks. You've been thoroughly advised as to what you need to do and apparently your own apprehension is getting the better of you. Take the finasteride dude and be done with it. You don't need minoxidil and you don't need spironolactone. Maybe some Nizoral and that's it. Period.

Cassin

Reaction score
usmcmarine083

beaner has a valid point. We don't want to discourage posting threads but redundancy makes no sense. Why should people help if you don't read their replies close enough? You basically ignoring them.

Jm0311

Reaction score
haha yea oh well....im getting great advice and im close to my decision.

have u seen my hairline? u dont think it needs minoxidil?
im really looking to get my temples maintained...and maybe a bit thicker.

im LEANING towards

finasteride already purchased
spironolactone dont know yet
Nizoral which i already take

dark_one

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using spironolactone at least once a day and never more than twice for nearly one year now. I used minoxidil until last November along with the spironolactone and have used spironolactone alone since then. I have used the spironolactone 2% liquid for the most part. I don't shed too much, but I still feel like I'm slowly losing ground, albeit slower than if I was not using anything.

Riordan

Reaction score
the effects of spironolactone will normally take 1-2 years, not months. anybody who will claim significant effects after 3-6 months will only convince nobody but himself.

RadioRaheem

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Hey Radio, you wouldn't happen to have before and after pics, would you?

Actually, I do have some before pics. However they are not that good to look at because of the lighting. Way too bright. Hard to tell where the hair loss was from it. Haven't taken any new pics lately either. But I'll try to do that in another couple months.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Riordan said:
the effects of spironolactone will normally take 1-2 years, not months. anybody who will claim significant effects after 3-6 months will only convince nobody but himself.

Results can be seen within the same time range as other hair loss drugs. Some people can see results within 3 months, some take longer. No difference.